OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Abstract review and attached documents

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Abstract review and attached documents

Postby ayp » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:02 am

I'm testing OCS and will go into production state soon, but I have a problem.
My submission process is first abstract, then paper. For several reasons, the abstract will be twofold: a short text abstract, and a two page pdf (this is not my decision btw). To make a long story short, a reviewer can't see the additional documents I attach, not even if I set the checkbox when I add them.
Is there something I'm missing?
Thank you.
ayp

Re: Abstract review and attached documents

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:09 am

hi ayp,

A couple of questions:

Which version of OCS are you using?

Are you talking about the reviewer's ability to download supplementary files; ie., are you having your authors upload PDFs as supplementary files?

Thanks,
James
jmacgreg

Postby ayp » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:30 am

Version is 2.0
Yes, I want reviewers to download the PDFs, uploaded as supplementary files.
My reasoning is that supplementary files are supposed to be there for review purposes but OCS may have a different opinion.
Thanks for your help.
ayp

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:25 am

Hi ayp,

If you enable the Research Support Tool, supplementary files will also be publicly downloadable from that -- so perhaps not the best use for review material (although as a Director you can remove or replace a supplementary file).

I haven't been able to replicate your specific problem: if I allow for supplementary files to be seen by a review at time of submission, there's a link to the file under the article file as well when a reviewer logs in and checks the submission file out.

I'm wondering if perhaps there's a better way for you to use the submission process, mainly to keep all review material in their proper place. Would you be able to require an "abstract and proposal together" (under Conference Setup Step 2), where you define the proposal as your two-page PDF; and then down the road if you want a longer paper, mark the submission as revisions requested, whereby the author would have to upload a longer author's copy.

If I'm missing something, please let me know -- and if you absolutely need to use the supplementary files route, we can debug further.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Technical Support