OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Notify all paper co-authors of the track director's decision

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Notify all paper co-authors of the track director's decision

Postby lrizquierdo » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:54 am

Dear All,

I was wondering whether there is an equivalent patch to http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2889 for OCS.

The patch would allow the track director to include the email addresses of all co-authors (for multiple-author papers), and not just the principal contact, when notifying them of the acceptance/rejection of their submission.

Thank you very much indeed,
Luis
lrizquierdo

Re: Notify all paper co-authors of the track director's decision

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:55 pm

Hi Luis,

I believe that functionality will be added to the next version of OCS, which will be available shortly.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby lrizquierdo » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:08 am

Thanks a lot for your reply James,

The problem is that I've got a conference up and running where I would very much like to include this functionality. Is there any chance that you could provide broad guidelines to adapt the solution http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2889 for OCS. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much,
Luis
lrizquierdo

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:20 pm

Hi Luis,

Apologies on the delay for getting back to you: this one slipped by me.

This feature will definitely be in OCS 2.1, which should be out shortly. If you would like to try to apply it yourself, I would suggest taking a look at the patch that is attached to bug 2889. It includes line additions and deletions to a number of files in OJS. You could try to find the files in OCS that correlate to these files and make the changes yourself. You can also see ongoing changes in CVS to all our files in <http://pkp.sfu.ca/cvs/cvsweb.cgi/>.

You may have issues down the line upgrading however, so be careful and mark your changes well.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Technical Support