OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Cut and Paste Issues [RESOLVED]

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Cut and Paste Issues [RESOLVED]

Postby warrior1 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:55 pm

When attendees submit their information, papers, reviews, etc., everything goes well when they type the information and when they attach files. If the user copies and pastes information from elsewhere into one of the text boxes, they receive the following error messages:

Notice: iconv() [function.iconv]: Wrong charset, conversion from `UTF-8' to `ASCII//TRANSLIT' is not allowed in /var/apache2/htdocs/ocs/classes/core/Transcoder.inc.php on line 28

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/apache2/htdocs/ocs/classes/core/Transcoder.inc.php:28) in /var/apache2/htdocs/ocs/classes/template/TemplateManager.inc.php on line 250

It does not matter if the text was originally in some word processing format or just copied and pasted from a simple text file.

My first response is to tell them not to copy and paste. Problem solved. But if there is something I can do easily to fix the situation, I will. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
warrior1

Re: Cut and Paste Issues

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:32 am

Hi warrior1,

You may be encountering a bug that affects how encoding is being handled. This is a known issue with OCS 2.0.0-1, and will be fixed in the next version. In the meantime, there is a patch you can apply to fix this
problem, which you can download here:

http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=3089

You may also want to take a look at the following forum posts as well:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2573
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2349
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1909

Please let me know if you encounter any further problems, or if this doesn't solve your current one.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Re: Cut and Paste Issues

Postby warrior1 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:33 pm

James,

While the patch was a little more involved than I thought it would be, it worked perfectly.

Thanks for all of your help!
warrior1

Return to OCS Technical Support