OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OpenID integration?

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

OpenID integration?

Postby mbria » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:43 pm

Hi,

This is my first post in OCS forum although I'm a quite old OJS fan. ;-)

I'm new in conference organizations but full satisfied with OJS I wanted give a try to OCS.

Our main site will be a moodle (we are working in the moodlemoot organization) so I was wondering if OCS has a kind of OpenID plugin or is able to SingleSignOn against moodle user tables.

Thanks a lot for your help and time,

m.
mbria

Re: OpenID integration?

Postby asmecher » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:18 pm

Hi mbria,

We don't have any single sign-on integration for OCS at the moment, but the next release (OCS 2.1, expected to be a couple of months away) should have LDAP support, and I'm hoping to get a chance to look into general flexibility for login against external systems via plugins. It would be possible to cobble something together with the current codebase using a custom plugin, but you'll need to be handy with PHP.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby mbria » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:58 pm

Alec, are you everywhere? ;-)
As always, thanks a lot for the fast answer.

I first installed 1.7 thinking was the stable release, but then I noticed that the brand new 2 version was released a few ago so I also tried this one.

Looks like OJS engine has a lot to say in this new release, isn't it?

In this case, for me it means really good news because I'm quite familiar with OJS code and I feel like I can develop a "moodle-integration" plugin by my own.

Let's see what my moodlers fellows say about a moodlemoot meeting supported by moodle and OCS together.

BTW, maybe it's a silly question, but are OJS new themes compatible with OCS?

Keep in touch,

m.
mbria

Postby asmecher » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:17 pm

Hi mbria,

Yes -- the new OCS 2.0 release is based on OJS 2.x. Better still, OCS 2.1 is getting ready for release in a month or two, and it'll be up to the level of the current OJS 2.2 release in terms of things like themes -- and it'll include the same default themes that are included with OJS 2.2.

If you're still a while away from launching, I'd suggest taking a look at the CVS version of OCS 2.x. It has a lot of fixes and new features that aren't available in OCS 2.0, and at the moment it's quite stable.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby mbria » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:34 am

Thanks for your answer, Alec. Really good news.

BTW, developing a moodle module to create OCS "readers" every time a user is registered in moodle is taking form.
We are also thinking in develop an extra atcivity-module to include OCS as an IFRAME (as first steep)... or create a new moodle course view to show OCS instead of the classical moodle view...

If you have a minute, I love to know your opinion about this proposal.

Best regards,

m.
mbria

Return to OCS Technical Support