OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

error when sending out prepared emails

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

error when sending out prepared emails

Postby kjersti » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:12 am

Hi

I am trying to send out a emails with registration details to registered conference participants at Home > User > Conference Site Management > Registration, select registrant, 'edit ' and ticking the option 'Send the user an email with their username and registration details..' but i keep getting the following error message when trying to send it:
Errors occurred processing this form:

In order to send the user a notification email, the registration contact name and email address must be specified in the Conference Setup.

I have entered the contact information at Home > User > Conference Site Management > Scheduled Conference Setup > Step 1.5 Email identification. Is there some where else I should enter this information since I keep getting these error message?

Kjersti
kjersti

Re: error when sending out prepared emails

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:19 am

Hi Kjersti,

There are a number of areas you may want to double-check. First off, double-check that there is contact information listed in Home > User > Conference Site Management > Scheduled Conference Setup > 1.3, Principal Contact Information.

Then check that you have the proper contact information listed in Home > User > Conference Site Management > Website Management > 1.2, Principal Contact for Conference Website.

Finally, if you are using the registration system, also make sure that you have filled out the appropriate registration contact information at Home > User > Conference Site Management > Registration > Registration Policies.

You should enter, at minimum, the name and email for these contacts.

Please let me know if you run into further trouble.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Technical Support