OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Can't OCS 2.0 handle revisions?

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Can't OCS 2.0 handle revisions?

Postby ozcelik » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:50 pm

Hi,

I have a question and couldn't find a clear answer in the forum:

When a reviewer's decision is "Revisions Required", it seems that there is no way in OCS to start the revision process. Even though the author uploads her revised submission and lets the track director of her action by the internal email, the director can not reassign the paper to the reviewer requesting revisions. Am I missing something? How to proceed in this case?

Regards,

Yasin
ozcelik

Re: Can't OCS 2.0 handle revisions?

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Hi Yasin,

You are correct, more or less. OCS only supports a single round of reviews, unlike OJS, although it supports individual reviews for each part of the submission (abstracts, and then papers). When the Director chooses "Revisions Required" he can give further instructions for the author to upload a revised version in the outgoing email; but the submission can't then be resubmitted for review.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby ozcelik » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:18 pm

Hi James,

I appreciate your response. In an ideal world, all submissions will be accepted without any revision request. However, that is not what happens in practice. So, the conference manager needs to act like an editor and communicate with authors to have them make required changes. It would have been nice if OCS has also "Revise and Resubmit" option as well. Consider it as an item in my wish list for the upcoming version of OCS.

Regards,

Jason
ozcelik

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:40 pm

Hi Jason,

Your feedback is much appreciated. I can't promise anything, but I'll send this thread on to the OCS developers, and they can consider adding the option.

Take care,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Technical Support