OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Issues with paper submission [RESOLVED]

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Issues with paper submission [RESOLVED]

Postby patrarin » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:40 pm

Hi,
Please help, I'm not quire familiar with the conference process and have to set one up. I have the following questions.
1. How can you replace the paper file after submission? Edit metadata doesn't allow me to reupload the file.
2. I was trying to upload the paper file which size is 4.2 MB, it didn't give me any error but it didn't upload successfully. Is there a file size limit?
3. What exactly is the 2 types of submission below mean
- Enable individual presentations, submitted by authors
- Enable multiple-presentation sessions, submitted by panel organizers
Thank you so much
patrarin

Re: Issues with paper submission

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:06 pm

Hi patrarin,

I've answered question #1 in your other topic here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2692. Please try to ask similar/identical questions in only one thread per forum to keep clutter down -- but feel free to bump that thread if it looks like we missed it.

2: See viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1877

3: If you enable these in the conference setup, you allow the submitting presenter to assign either type to their submission. The first type would typically be for a single-author paper, whereas the second type would typically be for a panel presentation with multiple authors. These would then be flagged as such in the editorial/review process. The submission process itself stays the same regardless of the submission type chosen.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Re: Issues with paper submission [RESOLVED]

Postby patrarin » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:54 pm

Hi James,
First of all, sorry for posting it in 2 places, I first posted in the discussion section and thought that it was actually the wrong place to post.
Anyway, thank you so much for your response.
The first question, what I mean is for the author. If the author has already posted the paper, how can he/she replace that file. The file will be allowed to replace only until it got assigned to the reviewer by the director.
Thanks again.
Patrarin
patrarin

Postby jmacgreg » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:59 am

Hi patrarin,

No worries about the double post -- it happens!

When an author logs in and goes to their User Home, they will see a list of their submissions. They can click on a submission title, and then click on the "review" link near the top of the page. At the very bottom of the review page they can upload an updated Author Version of the file. Normally this would happen after the author has received a Director Decision, say for revisions.

Authors can also email revised versions of their file to the director, who can then upload them to the system where needed.

Please let me know if this answers your question,
James
jmacgreg

Postby patrarin » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:25 pm

Dear James,
This means that after the author posted the paper and confirm,they can't really replace the original file. They can reupload the file but that would be another author version under "Director Decision". I tried to login as a director and reupload the file, it posted the file as the director version.
To replace the original file, what can we do?
Thank you very much.
Patrarin
patrarin

Postby jmacgreg » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:08 pm

Hi patrarin,

That is more or less correct -- both OJS and OCS employ a paper-tracking name-changing ID system that shows a revision number, stage ID, etc., so when a director uploads a version, it shows up as a director version and the file name "changes" to reflect that. It keeps track of all versions used in the system, and accordingly stores them under the appropriate Conference folder in /files.

If you wish to physically replace the original file, you can log in as Conference Manager, and click on the Files Browser link under General Management. Then you would use the Files Browser interface to navigate to the correct paper (every paper is given a submission number during the submission process; make sure you know the submission number of the paper you want to replace), and find the file you wish to replace.

The original author file would be saved in files/schedConfs/(conferencenumber)/papers/(submissionnumber)/submission/original, and would have a file name like 11-7-1-SM.txt. If you upload a file with the same file name as that on the server, the server version will be overwritten. Just be careful that you don't overwrite the wrong file by mistake.

You can also accomplish this via ftp, if you want.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby patrarin » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:30 pm

Hi James,
Thank you so much for the clarification.
Patrarin
patrarin

Return to OCS Technical Support