OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Registration notification

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Registration notification

Postby m.giordano » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:14 am

Hi all,

provided that we have disabled 'Account' form and link, we only create site accounts by means of the registration form.
But while with the 'Account' page form the subscription notification mail worked properly, in the case of the registration form no mail seems to be sent.

Notice that all other event mails work well.

Any hint?

Regards

Marco
m.giordano

Re: Registration notification

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:00 pm

Hi Marco,

Am I correct in understanding that you are wondering why the system can send out a notification of account registration, but does not provide an email with conference registration confirmation and/or details?

Thanks for the clarification,
James
jmacgreg

Postby m.giordano » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:22 pm

Yes James,

I try to be more precise.
We prefer to use registration form either for conference registration and account creation, that's why we disabled Account page(see http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2440&hilit=#p9394).

Would it be possible to send a notification email with username and password right after the compilation of the registration form, like the Account form does?

Thank you

Marco
m.giordano

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:25 pm

Hi Marco,

OK, I understand now. That should indeed be an option, and I will be reporting it as a feature request for the future. If you'd like to take a crack at it yourself, you can possibly compare what is happening with the standard Account registration page vs. the Account/conference registration page.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby m.giordano » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:34 pm

Ok James,

we'll try to hack it mimicking the code from the Account form.
I'll let you know...

Marco
m.giordano

Postby m.giordano » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:32 am

Hi James,

well done and working.

Marco
m.giordano

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:20 pm

Hi Marco,

Would you be able to provide a patch here for future reference? I submitted a bug/feature request for this (http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=3234), and can run your solution past the developers as well.

Thanks,
James
jmacgreg

Postby m.giordano » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:07 am

Hi James,

I ask Marco Gori (a colleague who has coded the hack) to post a patch proposal directly to the Bugzilla request. Is it o.k. for you?
Consider that we are working on a close deadline, thus the post could come in the forthcoming days....

Cheers

Marco
m.giordano

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:18 am

Hi Marco,

Yes, posting directly to Bugzilla would be appreciated -- go for it.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby spatialguru » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:28 pm

jmacgreg wrote:Would you be able to provide a patch here for future reference? I submitted a bug/feature request for this (http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=3234), and can run your solution past the developers as well.

I've also tried to backport the patch that was posted to that bug, so it would work on 2.0.0.1 - I would appreciate knowing if it works for others.

Tyler
spatialguru

Return to OCS Technical Support