OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Item Title sent to PayPal by OCS

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Item Title sent to PayPal by OCS

Postby ozcelik » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:47 pm

Hi Alec,

Our conference has two different types of registration (professor and student). By default, OCS sends the Item Title "Conference Registration" no matter which one is chosen. How do we make such a change so that OCS can send the name of the Registration type to PayPal, rather than just "Conference Registration".

Since this topic may be useful to other users of this forum, I would appreciate if you can provide step-by-step instructions for us.

Regards,

Jason
ozcelik

Re: Item Title sent to PayPal by OCS

Postby ozcelik » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:52 pm

Any help on this modification?

Sorry to bother, but we need to solve this problem before making our conference website available for use. Many thanks in advance.

Jason
ozcelik

Postby ozcelik » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:20 pm

Hi Guys,

I am still trying to find a solution to my question. Upon searching through the forum, I have found the following advice given by Alec:

I'd suggest adding a new member variable to the OCSQueuedPayment class, defined in classes/payment/ocs/OCSQueuedPayment.inc.php, to include registration type info. Also add a set... and get... function as per the others. Then modify classes/payment/ocs/OCSPaymentManager.inc.php to include the new information in the createQueuedPayment function, and likewise modify classes/registration/form/UserRegistrationForm.inc.php to provide the registration type ID to its call to createQueuedPayment.

Could anyone explain the above steps more specifically? Any help will be appreciated.

Jason
ozcelik

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:20 pm

Hi Jason,

We're working on a patch for this specifically; we'll let you know when it's available, which will hopefully be fairly shortly.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby ozcelik » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:38 am

Thanks, James. I look forward to it. I guess this feature should be included by default in the next version of the OCS.

Jason
ozcelik

Postby ozcelik » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:40 pm

Hi,

I hate to bother again, but, have you guys had a chance to create a patch for this problem? I really appreciate your time and help on this matter.

Regards,

Jason
ozcelik

Postby jmacgreg » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:17 pm

Hi Jason,

Sorry for the lack of feedback on this front -- this is my first priority for the upcoming week, and I should have some results for you in a day or two.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby ozcelik » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:54 pm

Hi James,

Thank you. We look forward to it, well, desperately :-)

Jason
ozcelik

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:32 pm

Hi Jason,

Here's the fix. You can apply the following diff to classes/payment/ocs/OCSQueuedPayment.inc.php:

Code: Select all
--- OCSQueuedPayment.inc.php.orig       2008-01-15 14:44:49.000000000 -0800
+++ OCSQueuedPayment.inc.php    2008-01-15 17:23:16.000000000 -0800
@@ -59,7 +59,22 @@
        function getDescription() {
                switch ($this->type) {
                        case QUEUED_PAYMENT_TYPE_REGISTRATION:
-                               return Locale::translate('payment.type.registration');
+                       // Get the registration object using the assoc ID of the queued payment
+                       $registrationDao =& DAORegistry::getDAO('RegistrationDAO');
+                       $registration =&
+                       $registrationDao->getRegistration($this->getAssocId());
+                       if (!$registration) return ''; // Bonehead check; should never happen
+
+                       // Get the registration type object from the registration object
+                       $registrationTypeDao =&
+                       DAORegistry::getDAO('RegistrationTypeDAO');
+                       $registrationType =&
+                       $registrationTypeDao->getRegistrationType($registration->getTypeId());
+                       if (!$registration) return ''; // Bonehead check; should never happen
+
+                       // Return the description of the queued payment, including registration type info
+                       return Locale::translate('payment.type.registration', array('typeName' => $registrationType->getTypeName()
+                       ));
                }
        }
 }

You'll then want to modify the locale key "payment.type.registration" to modify the typeName output. Something like this will work fine:

Code: Select all
<message key="payment.type.registration">Conference Registration
({$typeName})</message>

Remember that you'll have to do that for every locale you support. The English locale file can be found at locale/en_US/locale.xml. Just look for the above line.

We'll be adding this to future OCS versions; I'll be submitting this to Bugzilla, but I thought you'd want it first. Please let me know how the fix goes for you.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby ozcelik » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:45 pm

Hi James,

The fix works like a charm! You can safely add it to the future versions of OCS.

You have just saved a month for us. Thank you very much!

Regards,

Jason
ozcelik

Return to OCS Technical Support