OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Deleting users

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Re: Deleting users

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:51 am

Hi Trudy,

I believe the question regarding deleting users has been raised before: the rationale being, since OxS has to operate as a multi-instance system, you can't allow for deleting users at the Journal Manager level as you don't know who may be an active user elsewhere. However, I haven't been involved in this discussion before, and I'm a little curious myself, so I'll take the question to the rest of the PKP team and get back to you.

Edith -- I'll be replying to your error as soon as I can.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby marcob » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:41 am

I am using OCS 2.0.0 and I'm struggling with the issue of how to delete a user.

I read the topic and I understand the idea of "merge users" (clearly not ideal but
the developers seem to be already aware that the way user accounts are managed
needs some tweaking, or perhaps an overhaul, so hopefully things will be a bit better
in future versions).

I have also applied the patch, no problem there.

This may sound silly, but I just spent a lot of time looking for something
called "merge users" anywhere in OCS and can not find it. I have a set of users
which I have set up for testing and I can enroll them all on a given conference so
the enrollment is not the problem.

I could not find "merge" when I searched the "OCS in one hour" document or even the
quickreference file (I was looking for a screenshot).

Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong and where the "merge users"
button is hiding?

Thanks (this is my first post so hopefully I'm posting this in the right place)

Marco Bertamini
marcob

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:28 pm

Hi Marco,

This is indeed the correct place for support questions. If you are using OCS 2.0.0-1, and can log in as a Conference Manager, you should see a "Merge Users" link near the bottom of your user home, under "Users". This should point to "/index.php/[conferenceabbreviation]/index/manager/mergeUsers"

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Previous

Return to OCS Technical Support