OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Blank Page After Some Customization

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Blank Page After Some Customization

Postby tshore » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:42 am

I made a bunch of changes on one of my OCS installations and they worked fine. So I went ahead and uploaded all of the modified files to my other OCS installation (nearly identical). It gave me only blank pages. I ended up putting this:

php_value memory_limit 16M

into a .htaccess file and then it was fine. Of course, it took me the better part of this afternoon to come up with this. Any suggestion as to why this would happen? I only made pretty small changes to about 5 files and added 2 fields to the papers DB table.
tshore

Re: Blank Page After Some Customization

Postby asmecher » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:23 am

Hi Trudy,

Memory usage will vary depending on a few things, particularly on your PHP version. Both OCS2 and OJS2 will generally run into the 8M default limit pretty quickly when there are a few submissions in the system, but 12M or 16M seems to work just fine even for installations with a very large number of submissions.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OCS Technical Support