OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Undefined var saving e-mail templates on various languages

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Undefined var saving e-mail templates on various languages

Postby lrizquierdo » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:39 pm

Dear All,

I have installed an additional language on OCS 2.0.0-1. Everything seems to work fine except when I try to edit e-mail templates in both languages. When I click on the "Save" button, I get the following error (both working on Windows and Lynux):

Notice: Undefined variable: conference in C:\Archivos de programa\EasyPHP 2.0b1\www\ocs-2.0.0-1\classes\manager\form\EmailTemplateForm.inc.php on line 143

Fatal error: Call to a member function getSupportedLocaleNames() on a non-object in C:\Archivos de programa\EasyPHP 2.0b1\www\ocs-2.0.0-1\classes\manager\form\EmailTemplateForm.inc.php on line 143

The line mentioned in the error message reads:

Code: Select all
foreach ($conference->getSupportedLocaleNames() as $localeKey => $localeName) {

and I *BELIEVE* (but do not speak php!) that it should read:

Code: Select all
foreach ($this->conference->getSupportedLocaleNames() as $localeKey => $localeName) {

This makes sense to me and everything seems to work fine after making this change, but I do not *really* know what I am doing.

Would anyone be so kind as to confirm that this amendment is correct (or alternatively tell me to go and buy a php book and stop messing around with the code without really understanding what I am doing)?

Thanks so much!
Luis
lrizquierdo

Re: Undefined var saving e-mail templates on various languages

Postby asmecher » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:20 pm

Hi Luis,

This is a known issue in OCS 2.0; see http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=3150. The CVS version has been fixed and this problem should be corrected in the next release, which will be OCS 2.1; in the meantime, your fix should work fine.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Undefined var saving e-mail templates on various languages

Postby lrizquierdo » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:38 pm

Thank you very much indeed Alec!
Luis
lrizquierdo

Return to OCS Technical Support