OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Copied from Another Server - DB Error [RESOLVED]

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Copied from Another Server - DB Error [RESOLVED]

Postby tshore » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:00 am

I think that I have everything set just right for this:

http://www.csbbcs.org/ocs/

but this is what I get:

(mysql): SELECT * FROM sessions WHERE session_id = 'b0a7e2600dc2b72cb314f1fb5ca188bf'

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/virtual/csbbcs.org/webroot/htdocs/ocs/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 496
1045: Access denied for user 'csbbcs_org'@'shared.tor.plhosting.com' (using password: YES)
DB Error: Access denied for user 'csbbcs_org'@'shared.tor.plhosting.com' (using password: YES)

I've spent the better part of today trying to get past this. Help please.

PHP 4.3.11 (safe_mode off)
MySQL 4.1.13
Apache/2.0.51 (Fedora); Virtual Server
tshore

Re: Copied from Another Server - DB Error

Postby smiri » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:06 pm

Hi there,

As far as I can see, this is just warning you that you haven't allowed the user 'csbbcs_org'@'shared.tor.plhosting.com' access to your database.

The username, password, and database name should all be in your config.inc.php file. If you already created the user in mysql, then try giving it access to the database:

grant all on [your database name].* to 'csbbcs_org'@'shared.tor.plhosting.com';
smiri

Re: Copied from Another Server - DB Error

Postby tshore » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:20 am

It was a permission issue. Thank you. It turns out that my webhost didn't setup the DB properly in the first place.
tshore

Return to OCS Technical Support