OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

deleting presentations

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

deleting presentations

Postby paulmn » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:16 am

hi,

when we created the OCS for our conference, we made some fake authors and posted fake presentations, then added them to their corresponding tracks. we now need to delete those fake presentations. i am confused on how to do so.

i have logged in as conf director, and can edit those presentations, but haven't seen a straightforward way to delete them alltogether.

any suggestions?

Paul
paulmn

Re: deleting presentations

Postby ramon » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:23 am

Paul,

I believe the process is similar to OJS's.
You'll need first to Archive the submission. The link will probably be available on the first page of the submission.
If it has been published, you'll need to remove it from the track first, then archive it.

Then you'll be able to access the Archives and completely remove the submission.

If you want to remove the fake authors, you may merge the users to the Admin, or another editorial team member.
ramon

Postby tshore » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:17 am

Is there no patch for this? I have the same issue with test submissions. I don't see an option to archive as Ramon suggested. Perhaps I would need to assign the submission to a director first? The point is, I don't want to have to do that. I would like to be able to just delete them.
tshore

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:19 pm

Hi Trudy,

You'll have to go to the submission's Summary page -- you'll find an "Archive Submission" link there, which will remove the submission from the active list and place it in the archives, from where it can then be permanently deleted.

I understand that the two-step process is a pain in a testing environment (believe me, I have my share of clutter in any number of OxS installs), but it makes much more sense for a production environment, especially one that may not (in an ideal world, anyway) have a paper trail.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Technical Support