OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Submitting both abstract and papers

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Submitting both abstract and papers

Postby fred » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:00 am

Hello,
I use OCS 1.1.5.
When I select the option:

b) Submit full paper with abstract > Review > Post paper with abstract

In the conference manager, the users don't have the option to submit a pdf version of the paper in the submission form.
How can I activate the option?

Thanks.
fred

Re: Submitting both abstract and papers

Postby kevin » Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:25 pm

fred wrote:b) Submit full paper with abstract > Review > Post paper with abstract

If you select this option, a link to upload the full text will be displayed to the user after they submit their abstract.
kevin

Abstract and paper submission (improvement)

Postby fred » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:48 am

I have tested and the post of the paper is possible when we register the abstract and get the ID to connect, but there is no information in the abstract submission page that inform that we have a two stage procedure. On my site, many persons have encountered difficulties for submitting the paper.

I have sugestions for futher development.

When the option Submit Abstract and Paper is selected:
I think that it will be more efficient that the abstract submission page shows some information about the submission of the paper.
The confirmation mail for the abstract submission should contain information for posterior submission of the paper.

The best will be to activate a browsing button that attach the file to the abstract submission form. This option have the another advantage: it allows the same after acceptation procedure for conferences that have enable the submission of the abstract or the submission of the abstract and paper.

Thank you for your answer,

Frederic.
fred

Return to OCS Technical Support