OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problems with SMTP

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Re: Problems with SMTP

Postby asmecher » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:35 pm

Hi makos,

The warning message you're receiving indicates that your SMTP server is configured as mail.uah.es, and you're connecting on port 25, which is the standard SMTP port. The warning indicates that the server couldn't be reached at that configuration, which means you're using the wrong server, or there is a network problem between your machine and the server, or that your server requires connections on a different port (i.e. if it requres messages to be delivered over SSL). Are you able to deliver mail to that server using an email program i.e. Thunderbird? If your ISP has instructions for configuring a mail program, it might be helpful to look through those.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby makos » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:29 pm

Hi Alec,

I use that server and that port to deliver mail through thundirbird without problems.
Afternoon I'll try to contact to my ISP about the mail configuration but I can't understand why is so "difficult" to make it works :cry:

Hasn't the System any other place besides config.inc.php file where to set up the SMTP configuration??

Thanks,

Marcos
makos

Postby asmecher » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:23 am

Hi Marcos,

In that case, it's possible that there is a firewall problem or something similar. Double-check your firewall settings to make sure that PHP has been allowed to contact the mail server.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Previous

Return to OCS Technical Support