OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Stylesheets/themes not loading

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Stylesheets/themes not loading

Postby ale » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:14 am

Hi

I just tried to get one of the sample ojs themes and load it into a conference in the setup pages but I get these errors:

Warning: mkdir(public/conferences/5) [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /path/to/ocs/classes/file/FileManager.inc.php on line 235

Warning: move_uploaded_file(public/conferences/5/conferenceStyleSheet.css) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /local102/projects/ocs2/WWW/classes/file/FileManager.inc.php on line 95

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/var/tmp/php5ObWDA' to 'public/conferences/5/conferenceStyleSheet.css' in /path/to/ocs/classes/file/FileManager.inc.php on line 95

After these errors, the page loads, but in red there's another error:

Errors occurred processing this form:

* Invalid conference stylesheet format. Accepted format is .css.

Now this is misguided because the stylesheet I submitted was this one: http://pkp.sfu.ca/files/themes/classicBrown.css and that looks (from a peek at the code that launches that error) like a catch-all, that might not necessarily reflect the actual error... I may be wrong, but that's what I thought...

Also, I looked in the temp dir and there was nothing, as well as if I went in and created the directory in public/conferences it wanted to make: no directory named "5" exists, and if I create it, set loads of permissions and run it again, I get the same result. Any ideas?

Ale
ale

Re: Stylesheets/themes not loading

Postby asmecher » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:56 am

Hi Ale,

Sounds like a file permissions problem to me. I'd suggest using the -R option to chown and chmod to set permissions recursively on the "public" directory. The appropriate permissions to use will depend on your web server setup -- it will need to be writable either by your own account (most CGI, FastCGI, or suPHP environments) or by the common web server user (typically apache or www-data).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby pagination » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:41 am

I have this same problem. Uploading a specific stylesheet in the Sandbox worked as expected; however, having set up my own installation, when trying to upload the identical stylesheet, I get the error:

"Invalid conference stylesheet format. Accepted format is .css."

I have set the public directory, and all its contents, wide open on 777; and, just in case, have done the same to the styles directory; but this makes no difference, and the error message is still generated.

I am running version 2.1.2 of the software, downloaded only yesterday, so it should be up to date. What is recommended solution to this problem?
pagination

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:34 pm

Hi pagination,

Alec's diagnosis re: permissions was based on the information the previous poster provided; there are other issues why this functionality might not be working -- see http://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php/PKP_Fr ... _properly., and the entry just above it.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby pagination » Wed May 05, 2010 3:04 am

Thanks, James - but I'm no further along. There is no comments line at the start of the CSS file, and the section on HTML Galleys means nothing to me. It talks about having problems with having HTML files recognised, but this is just a simple CSS file, and I can't see why the system should struggle with it. The file validates fine at W3.org, and I don't know what to try next!
pagination

Postby jmacgreg » Thu May 06, 2010 11:12 am

Hi Pagination,

Are you having problems uploading any other files? If not, it's probably a filetype detection problem, as detailed in the FAQ, and also in depth here. Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot we can do from our end to solve this, as it's not a bug with OCS (at least, not one that I can replicate) -- you'll have to work with your Systems Administrator to get this sorted out. But feel free to ask for more advice if you get stuck.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Technical Support