OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problems customising the conference website

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Problems customising the conference website

Postby Alistair » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:21 pm

Hi,

I have a multi-conference site. There are three separate conferences. I have been able to change the Logo image in the first site but I can't change it for the second, and probably the third(though I have tried). I have done just the standard things- browsed to the gif image, clicked upload, then clicked submit- but no changes occur.

I have looked in the MySQL table and the field indicates that the logo image is 'custom' so I imagine that should mean that some settings are being changed. Perhaps the image is simply not being uploaded.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Alistair Campbell
Townsville
Alistair

What is the point?

Postby Alistair » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:44 pm

I posted this a while ago. No-one who has had a look appears to have had any ideas. Makes posting to this forum a bit pointless. Surely someone out there has some idea as to what is going on? It is obviously something to do with how images are stored , the heirachy in relation to the template, etc. Is it the case that you can only have one theme for a multi-conference web site?

Still, no use talking to myself. I will carry on and if I figure it out I won't need to come back here.

Cheers
Alistair

Multi-conference site

Postby ramon » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:57 am

Alistair,

I'm not a OCS user, but since it was the base for OJS, I think you would need to create a different header file, which would customize your conferences.

I believe it follows the same concept of OJS, where the changes in interface are applied throughout the system, for it does not have a templating system like most CMS (Mambo, Post-Nuke, PHPNuke, Xoops, Plone, to name a few).

My suggestion is to try to use the website url, or create a variable that can be used in a header.php file (there should be one!!) and get the layout you need.
ramon

Thanks, I'll give it a try

Postby Alistair » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:39 pm

Thanks ramon. I'll have a look and give it a go.
Alistair

Postby kevin » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:49 pm

Uploaded title/logo images should appear in the base "images" directory as title-XXX.gif or logo-XXX.gif, if you want to verify that the files were uploaded.
kevin

Return to OCS Technical Support