OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Registration without username and password

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Registration without username and password

Postby hksatay » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:57 am

Hi all,

I don't think username and password is necessary for the public registration of our conference.
Can i just remove both, any side efffect?

Thanks~~
hksatay

Re: Registration without username and password

Postby asmecher » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:22 am

Hi hksatay,

I suppose you could work around the requirement by modifying the code to automatically assign usernames behind the scenes, but is there any particular reason in your case that users shouldn't have accounts on the system? It's currently a requirement because OCS needs to support conferences e.g. for which content is not open to non-registrants, and there's also a large variety of rich interaction that can be supported when registrants are able to log in (e.g. discussions of papers).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby hksatay » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:02 am

Hi asmecher,
Thank you for your quick reply. In our situation, those registered useres are only for attendance list of the conference.
Due to the request of the author, abstract and paper will not be published on web,no registered or non-registered user (except author or reviewer) can read submitted abstract or paper, so there is no discussion (between the registered users and author) will be hosted in OCS.

yes, I do a work around solution to generate the password and username for the user to registered in OCS

Thank you
hksatay

Postby fabiodangelo » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:54 am

Hi all,
I need the same feature, ie the possibility to register at the Conference without username and password.
For me, would be better have the possibility for a new participant to select which kind of user is.
So, if he is just a watcher don't need username and password, otherwise yes.
Thanks
Fabio
fabiodangelo

Return to OCS Technical Support