OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Database connection problem?

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Database connection problem?

Postby ramon » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:05 pm

Hello all,

I'm testing OCS on the same server I run OJS for testing.
I have made 3 installations, one with the translator plugin, one with a previous version (OCS 2.0.0-0) and one with OCS 2.0.0-1.

I'm running into a strange character problem with Item 1.1 Conference Description of Step 1 About the conference.

Even though I have UTF-8 set for everything (db collation, connection and browser, as well as server config for the folder) special characters are not being displayed.
What should be:
Code: Select all
teste para configuração e correção da tradução

Is displayed:
teste para configura??o e corre??o da tradu??o

I changed persistent connections to off, changed the settings for the folder and restarted apache, but nothing happened.

This is the directory setting in a .acl file:
php_value default_charset "utf-8"
php_value output_buffering On
php_value session.auto_start Off
php_value error_reporting 2039
php_value memory_limit 32M

Any ideas??
OJS runs okay on the same server... but it's in a different folder, with settings just like that.
ramon

Re: Database connection problem?

Postby asmecher » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:51 pm

Hi Ramón,

See http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1909 -- the work-around involving commenting out several lines of code is the best solution for the moment; this will, of course, be fixed with the next release (which we expect will be November or December).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Database connection problem?

Postby ramon » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:24 am

Thanks Alec,

Comenting lines 93 to 108 in class/form/Form.inc.php solved the problem.
ramon

Return to OCS Technical Support