OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Registration for members of the public

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Registration for members of the public

Postby ale » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:16 am

Hi,

Last question today, I promise!

How do you make registrations open to the general public? I've followed the pdf on http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs_documentation and created a registration type called "attendee" - so as to create something where you pay to get in but don't have to be a reader, author or member of anything or within any ip range. I also made sure the date says it's already open, and the pdf says registration fields should now be available on the "About the Conference" page - but it's not happening. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ale
ale

Re: Registration for members of the public

Postby asmecher » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:16 am

Hi Ale,

Is the registration type that you've created not selectable on the registration form? If so, it's probably the open and close dates associated with the registration type itself. If, on the other hand, you can't actually get to the registration form, check the Conference Timeline dates to make sure they're set within range.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Registration for members of the public

Postby madan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:52 am

Hi Ale,

I found the same problem when configuring manual payment. In my case registration item is shown is when Registration Information in Registration Policies is filled in combination with manual payment option.

Regards,

Matej
madan

Return to OCS Technical Support