OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

submission methods

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

submission methods

Postby dinesh » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:26 am

Hi,

Our conference has a different system. It first accepts an abstract and a digest. both are to be reviewed. then after accepting this, the final paper is to be uploaded by the author. (this is not reviewed).

Now, if I follow

1. the abstract only method: then i cannot get the digest.

2. Full proposal : Then abstract and digest will not be reviewed. Also if I take the digest as the full proposal, then authors cannot upload papers later, after accepting.

3. Abstract and proposal together.: For the first time, it can be treated as abstract and digest, but then how to enable the final paper submission after acceptance?

4. Abstract followed by presentation: This i am currently trying, with directions for uploading the digest as a supplementary file. But then this goes and sits under the paper review page. How to send it along with the abstract?

Any customizing suggestions? I would like a modification of either 3 and 4, as they are close to my requirement.

thanks and regards

Dinesh
dinesh

Postby John » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:20 pm

Dinesh
If using OCS 2.0, you do have some options. If the conference wants to present the abstract and the final paper (and not the digest), then have the presenters submit an abstract and a digest (as if it were a paper). Once the presentation is accepted, invite presenters to upload their final paper (with our without the digest as part of it). Presenters are able to upload a new file after a decision is made, which conference directors can then select to post for the conference. If you want to post abstract/digest/and paper separately for confernce participants, then using the Supp Files for the digest would be good; alternatively, as I have suggested the the digest can be submitted initially by itself and then resubmitted with the full paper.

Hope that's helpful.

Thanks,
John
John

thanks for the help

Postby dinesh » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:35 pm

dear John,

Thank you very much for the suggestions.

cheers

Dinesh
dinesh

Return to OCS Technical Support