OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Installation Issues

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Installation Issues

Postby musil » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:40 am

I have successfully installed OCS on my Linux box. I am now trying to install it on a box hosted and controlled by my provider.

I FTP across all the files, but when I type in the URL, I get the following message in Firefox:

"The page isn't redirecting properly"

The url in the browser looks something like this:

"http://www.mydomain.com/ocs2/index.php/index/index/index.php/index/index/index.php/ ... [ this is repeated about 20 times] ... /index.php/index/index/install"

Is the problem that it can't see the Smarty dir, or is it something else? I don't have control over how PHP is run on the site.

If it is a Smarty problem, could you please tell me which files I should edit in order to make Smarty available to the app?

Thanks.
musil

Postby asmecher » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:13 am

Hi musil,

It sounds to me like your host doesn't support path_info URLs. Try turning on the disable_path_info option in your config.inc.php file; this will make URLs slightly uglier but will work around your ISP's configuration.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby musil » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:22 am

Hi Alec,

Thank you very much indeed. That did the trick.

Regards,
Musil
musil

Return to OCS Technical Support