OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

where to insert: hotels and travel?

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Re: where to insert: hotels and travel?

Postby asmecher » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:50 am

Hi Trudy,

The version you're using, OCS 2.0, is the current release. The accommodations changes will be available in OCS 2.1, which is due within a few months (we hope), but it's currently not stable and I wouldn't recommend using it. In the meantime, if you're handy with PHP, you should be able to back-port that patch into version 2.0. (The incompatibilities mostly relate to multilingual metadata; OCS 2.1 will allow fully multilingual data to be entered in setup forms etc., whereas OCS 2.0 does not.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby ale » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:41 am

asmecher wrote:Hi all,

FYI, accommodation information has been added to the CVS version; the patch will not quite be compatible with OJS 2.1.1 [note -- that's a typo and should read OCS 2.0; see below] but could be adapted if you're handy with PHP. See http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2920 for more information.

Hi Alec

Does this message mean you incorporated my changes?!

Just checking! I didn't think my changes would work for anyone else so if it has been added I'm delighted,

Ale
ale

Postby asmecher » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:19 am

Hi Ale,

Actually, the patch I committed is something I was working on in parallel; it doesn't include your changes. In general, though, we're extremely happy to accept contributed code and appreciate all community contributions!

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby tshore » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:25 am

I think of myself as being pretty "handy with PHP", but I haven't yet been able to "back-port" the accommodations patch to work with OCS 2.0. Right now, the Accommodations page shows up fine, but, when I try to enter something to appear on there (using the conference manager), it just displays "Array".

http://imrf.mcmaster.ca/IMRF/ocs/index. ... ommodation

Perhaps you can pass along a suggestion to get through the last step(s).
tshore

Postby asmecher » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:29 am

Hi tshore,

The incompatibilities between the patch and OCS 2.0 will mostly relate to multilingual data. Whereas OCS 2.0 only supported conference settings, paper metadata, etc. in a single language, the next release will support an arbitrary number of languages. To support this, settings on the settings form are POSTed to the form handler class as an array (e.g. the form element name will be settingName[locale]). Making the patch compatible with OCS 2.0 will involve changing this to simply settingName.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby tshore » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:55 am

That did it, thank you Alec.

For anyone else trying to do this last step, the file in question is:

templates/manager/accommodationSettings.tpl

replace this:

Code: Select all
<textarea name="accommodationDescription[{$formLocale|escape}]" id="accommodationDescription" rows="5" cols="60" class="textArea">{$accommodationDescription[$formLocale]|escape}</textarea>

with this:

Code: Select all
<textarea name="accommodationDescription" id="accommodationDescription" rows="5" cols="60" class="textArea">{$accommodationDescription|escape}</textarea>
tshore

Postby oyeindia » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:53 am

That did it, thank you Alec.

For anyone else trying to do this last step, the file in question is:

tshore:

For the benefit of non-PHP coders like me, could you explain how you managed the entire process, if you don't mind?

I started implementing ale's changes in Accommodation Hack 99% complete before realising it didn't seem to work for him, and rolling back.

Regards,

O.
oyeindia

Postby tshore » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:01 am

Oye: I can't help you right now. I didn't document each change that was required and it would take me a while to backtrack and figure it out. What I did was "apply" Alec's patch (I made the changes manually) and then I tried to load the new Accommodations page. I think I got an error, so I tracked it down and fixed it. Then I tried to load the new admin page for the Accommodations page and got an error, so I tracked it down and fixed it. And, so on. I'm sorry that I can't be more specific, but I'm totally swamped right now.

Good luck.
tshore

Postby asmecher » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:53 am

Hi oyeindia,

I'd suggest beginning with the patch at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2920. As discussed in this forum, it won't apply cleanly to an OCS 2.0 install because the CVS version has diverged considerably from the last release's code, but follow Trudie's hint above and you should be OK with a little bit of fine-tuning.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby oyeindia » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:05 am

Trudy, Alec:

Thanks for your replies. I shall attempt patch 2920 and fine-tuning.

Regards,

Oye
oyeindia

Postby spatialguru » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:38 pm

Will the pending accommodations patch and more flexible metadata handling in the next release also help me to add arbitrary menu items and pages? I'm having trouble wrapping my head around it right now, so point me in the right direction... I want an item in the menu that, for one example, points to more information about a social event. Can I do this in 2.0 right now without having to hack templates or the db?
spatialguru

Postby spatialguru » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:07 am

FYI - as a training exercise I took the Accommodation features (from CVS version) and cloned it to make a Transportation settings page. In case you are interested in hacking away or just want to see how I did it...
spatialguru

Postby shannah » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:36 pm

I am also attempting a back-port of the accommodations feature into 2.0. One problem I am having is with the file uploads. The upload seems to place the locale info in the setting. The fix that was described for the accommodations description doesn't seem similar enough to generalize to use on the file upload form.

In fact I can't seem to find how the files are uploaded. I put some debug code into the execute() method of the AccommodationSettingsForm class but it doesn't seem to execute when I press the "Upload" button. Where do I look to strip out this locale information when the files are being uploaded.

Thanks

Steve Hannah
shannah

Previous

Return to OCS Technical Support