OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

where to insert: hotels and travel?

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

where to insert: hotels and travel?

Postby ozp » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:02 pm

I tried to find a place to insert information about hotels and travel

I managed to create it here:
http://eventos.redepsi.com.br/index.php ... /IEV/about

# » hospedagem
# » como chegar?

They were added here, as "Step 1. About the Conference"
But they appear as inside policies or editoral policies

is this right?
ozp

Postby asmecher » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:22 pm

Hi ozp,

Yes, that's where the custom about items are designed to appear. Where are you trying to add new information?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby ozp » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:30 pm

I added here:

1.6 Add Item to Appear in "About the Conference"
http://eventos.redepsi.com.br/index.php ... er/setup/1

But they appear under Policies

Policies

* » Archive Access Policy
* » Informacoes gerais (added)
* » hospedagem (added)
* » como chegar? (added)

http://eventos.redepsi.com.br/index.php ... ndex/about

Would be better to find a way to publish custom information like hotels, "how to get here" and "about the city" at another place.
Off side the policies
ozp

Postby asmecher » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:00 pm

Hi ozp,

The accommodation information is best included with the Program.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
---
asmecher

Postby ozp » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:01 pm

Is the "program" the schedule?

example:
day 1
8:am
room 1 - opening
9 am
track 1 - room 1 - oral communications
track 2 - room 2 - oral communications

If so, the accommodation should have another area to be published

is it possible to create another "title" on the about page?
http://eventos.redepsi.com.br/index.php ... /IEV/about

People
Policies
Submissions
Other
accomodations

Or insert the accomodation content under "other" ?
ozp

Postby asmecher » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:50 am

Hi ozp,

See http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2920 for a bugzilla entry on this issue.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
---
asmecher

Re: where to insert: hotels and travel?

Postby tshore » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:31 am

In the meantime - that is, until Accommodation is added to the Registration section - what should we do? Having all of the extra info on the about page appear under Policies doesn't make sense. For example, the first thing I tried to add as an extra about item was the history of our conference. It is clearly not appropriate for this to appear under Policies. The same goes for Travel info, about the host city, etc. I'm looking for clear direction and/or a timeline for a fix from the development team.

Thank you.
tshore

Postby asmecher » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:01 am

Hi tshore,

We're working hard on completing OJS 2.2, after which we'll be preparing for the next release of OCS, which will include the implementation of bug #2920. In the meantime, the best thing to do is most likely to modify the Scheduled Conference index template (templates/schedConf/index.tpl) to include a link to a static page containing Hotel and Travel information. If you're proficient with HTML, this should be an easy modification to make.

If you'd rather not use a static HTML page and you're handy with PHP, the full implementation of bug #2920 doesn't involve a lot of code. I can provide some guidance.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby tshore » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:02 am

Hi Alec:

I'll take that guidance re: the php solution when you get a minute.

Thank You,

Trudy
tshore

Postby ale » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:09 am

Hi,

Good coincidence, I was just about to ask about that. But editing the schedConf template will do for now I suppose...
I'd love to know what the php code plan is as well, and happy to contribute back if it helps and if I come up with something that works!

Ale
ale

Accommodation Hack 99% complete.

Postby ale » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:21 am

Hi,

For anyone interested, I've taken the editing of the schedConf template a bit further, providing the basics of an accomodation page, but where for the time being I'll have to manually edit the sched_conf_settings table, rather than getting into the whole kettle of fish that's the site administration pages.

So here's what I did:

First I added this to templates/schedConf/index.tpl

Code: Select all
        <li>&#187; <a href="accommodation.php">Accommodation</a></li>
        {if $schedConfShowACM}
                <li>&#187; <a href="{url page="schedConf" op="acm"}>{translate key="schedConf.acm"}</a></li>
        {/if}

Then I added this to classes/template/TemplateManager.inc.php

// Accommmodation page displayed
           $showAccom = $shedConf->getSetting('showAccom');
           if ($showAccom ){
               $this->assign('schedConfShowACM',true);
           }

I then added the schedConfShow boolean value to the sched_conf_settings table on the db. This makes the accomodation page show.

+---------------+--------------+------------------------------+--------------+
| sched_conf_id | setting_name | setting_value                | setting_type |
|             2 | showAccom    | 1                            | bool         |
|             2 | acmMessage   | Accommodation Info goes here | string       |

So that will show the accommodation link in the main schedule conference page but ONLY for conferences that have showAccom set to 1.

I added a few vars to the locale/en_US/locale.xml file - for the schedConf.acm related texts:

<!-- Accommodation (ACM) page -->
        <message key="schedConf.acm.submitHere">Here is some information on accommodation needs for this conference.</message>

<message key="schedConf.acm">Accommodation</message>

<message key="schedConf.acm.title">{$schedConfAbbrev} Accommodation</message>       

<message key="manager.schedConfSetup.submissions.acmMessage">Accommodation message</message>
        <message key="manager.schedConfSetup.submissions.acmMessageDescription"><![CDATA[This information is displayed in the "Accommodation" link on this conference's home page, if enabled.]]></message>

To put these in I just grepped for the Call For Papers words and placed the accommodation stuff just under it, for tidyness.

Now I created a template file for accommodation, in /templates/schedConf/acm.tpl

{translate|assign:"pageTitleTranslated" key="schedConf.acm.title" schedConfAbbrev=$currentSchedConf->getSetting('abbrev')}
{include file="common/header.tpl"}

<div>{$acmMessage|nl2br}</div>

{include file="common/footer.tpl"}

The biggest bit of code was this - and it's one I'm not sure about, in pages/schedConf/SchedConfHandler.inc.php:

function acm() {
                        list($conference, $schedConf) = SchedConfHandler::validate(true, true);

$templateMgr = &TemplateManager::getManager();
                $templateMgr->assign('pageHierarchy', array(
                        array(Request::url(null, 'index', 'index'), $conference->getTitle(), true),
                        array(Request::url(null, null, 'index'), $schedConf->getTitle(), true)));
                SchedConfHandler::setupSchedConfTemplate($conference,$schedConf);

$templateMgr->assign('acmMessage', $schedConf->getSetting('acmMessage', false));
                $templateMgr->display('schedConf/acm.tpl');
        }

The result of all this is that there's now an accomodation page at https://ocs.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/index.php/t ... edConf/acm the problem being the accommodation text itself isn't showing.

So is this the way to start with this kind of thing anyway, or have I done it very wrong and hackishly?? Alex, do you have any idea what is missing so that the accommodation text shows on that page?

Thanks very much for any help, and hope that code is useful!

Ale
ale

Postby asmecher » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:57 pm

Hi all,

FYI, accommodation information has been added to the CVS version; the patch will not quite be compatible with OJS 2.1.1 [note -- that's a typo and should read OCS 2.0; see below] but could be adapted if you're handy with PHP. See http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2920 for more information.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby tshore » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:50 am

Yikes! I went ahead and made the changes from here:

http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2920

simply ignoring your warning of incopatability with OJS 2.1.1, since I'm not using OJS. However, now that I'm farther along in the process, it seems like maybe you meant to type "OCS", not "OJS" in the warning...

So, now my admin system is all mucked up. I tried to add in only the files that I might need, but the changes you've made in the CVS are too widespread for this to work.

Ok, so say I want to incorporate ALL of the changes in the CVS that you've been working so hard on. I had this problem before - how do I download the latest CVS version?

Thank you.
tshore

Postby asmecher » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:14 pm

Hi Trudy,

Sorry, that's my typo -- the patch is not compatible with OCS 2.0, not OJS 2.1.1 as noted above. If you still have the output from the patch application, it should indicate which files were modified and what conflicts were encountered; you should be able to use that to revert the changes.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby tshore » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:35 am

Right. I did the changes by hand, so I will have to revert by hand. However, I want to have the accommodation pages, so, as I mentioned, I would like to get my hands on the latest version of OCS. Can you please tell me how to download it?
tshore

Next

Return to OCS Technical Support