OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Question: how to change the page layout?

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Question: how to change the page layout?

Postby huangs3 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:12 pm

Hi! I want to change the page layout of the website provided by Open Conference System. For example, I want to change the backgroud colour, move the option links such as "home" "search" from top to the left hand side of the page, add some logo.

I loggin to admin account and click around the options in "Conference Site Management" and "Site Management", but I didn't find how to do that.

Do I need to do something like changing the underlying .css files?

Thank you!
huangs3

Postby asmecher » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:27 pm

Hi huangs3,

As Conference Manager, see the "Website Management" link. On Page 4, you can upload a stylesheet to override the built-in styles as defined in styles/common.css. If you like, you can modify common.css, but I'd suggest uploading your own stylesheet so that you don't need to worry about changes to the built-in stylesheet when you upgrade to the next release of OCS.

If you want to make changes that aren't possible using CSS, you'll need to modify the templates. Most of the page layout is done in templates/common/header.css, and although these are Smarty templates, they generally behave like HTML.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby huangs3 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:19 pm

thank you asmecher! I find the page.
huangs3

Return to OCS Technical Support