OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

An error occurred creating the tables. Error 1101: BLOB/TEXT

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

An error occurred creating the tables. Error 1101: BLOB/TEXT

Postby GennadyK » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:48 am

Hi there,

When I attempt to install OCS, I get the following error message during database creation:

Code: Select all
An error occurred creating the tables. Error 1101: BLOB/TEXT column 'intro' can't have a default value

I have already manually created the database, and checked the "database exists" box... has anyone else encountered this problem?

I am using the following:
PHP Version 5.1.4
Open Conference Systems: Version 1.1.7
mysql-5.0.27-win32
Web: IIS 6.0
Server API CGI/FastCGI

Thanks for your help!
Gennady
GennadyK

Postby asmecher » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:30 am

Hi Gennady,

This appears to be specific to the newest releases of MySQL. Try applying the patch at http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs/download/blob-defaults.diff and restarting the installation process.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Return to OCS Technical Support