OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Modifying Registration Messaging

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Modifying Registration Messaging

Postby Mquinn » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:36 pm

Hi.

Looking to change the wording when the registrant is presented with the following message.

"You are already registered for this conference and your registration has been paid. Please contact the principal contact in "About" if this is in error or you would like to change your registration."

Want to change the link "about" to another page. Where can I find the message in the OCS site? I thought I found it once, but then I can't locate it. I though that the actual message was built using a text box. I want to find that text box or change the wording directly.

I think this is the code that checks for already registered and if yes, brings up the message.
// Ensure that user does not already have a registration for this scheduled conference
if ($this->registrationId == null) {
$this->addCheck(new FormValidatorCustom($this, 'userId', 'required', 'manager.registration.form.registrationExists', array(DAORegistry::getDAO('RegistrationDAO'), 'registrationExistsByUser'), array($schedConf->getId()), true));

Thanks. The OCS is a great application
Mquinn

Re: Modifying Registration Messaging

Postby asmecher » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:08 am

Hi Mquinn,

The locale key you're seeing is coded in locale/en_US/locale.xml (for en_US, which is U.S. English). Search for "schedConf.registration.alreadyRegistered" in that file. (Once you've modified the file, use an XML validator to make sure you haven't introduced any XML typos.)

On the PHP side, you can find that message referenced in pages/schedConf/SchedConfHandler.inc.php in the registration() function.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby amirdarajeh » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:55 am

Hi
I have the same problem, but I can't find registration function in the mentioned page! I only see these lines of code:
Code: Select all
<?php

/**
 * @file SchedConfsHandler.inc.php
 * Copyright (c) 2000-2012 John Willinsky
 * Distributed under the GNU GPL v2. For full terms see the file docs/COPYING.
 * @class SchedConfsHandler
 * @ingroup pages_index
 * @brief Handle conference index requests.
 */

// $Id$

import('handler.Handler');

class SchedConfsHandler extends Handler {
   /**
    * Constructor
    **/
   function SchedConfsHandler() {
      parent::Handler();
   }

/**
    * Display the home page for the current conference.
    */
   function current($args) {
      $this->addCheck(new HandlerValidatorConference($this));
      $this->validate();
      $conference =& Request::getConference();
      $this->setupTemplate();

$templateMgr =& TemplateManager::getManager();

$conferenceDao =& DAORegistry::getDAO('ConferenceDAO');

$templateMgr->assign('helpTopicId', 'user.home');

// Assign header and content for home page
      $templateMgr->assign('displayPageHeaderTitle', $conference->getPageHeaderTitle(true));
      $templateMgr->assign('displayPageHeaderLogo', $conference->getPageHeaderLogo(true));
      $templateMgr->assign('displayPageHeaderTitleAltText', $conference->getLocalizedSetting('homeHeaderTitleImageAltText'));
      $templateMgr->assign('displayPageHeaderLogoAltText', $conference->getLocalizedSetting('homeHeaderLogoImageAltText'));
      $templateMgr->assign('additionalHomeContent', $conference->getLocalizedSetting('additionalHomeContent'));
      $templateMgr->assign('homepageImage', $conference->getSetting('homepageImage'));
      $templateMgr->assign('homepageImageAltText', $conference->getLocalizedSetting('homepageImageAltText'));
      $templateMgr->assign('description', $conference->getSetting('description'));
      $templateMgr->assign('conferenceTitle', $conference->getConferenceTitle());

$schedConfDao =& DAORegistry::getDAO('SchedConfDAO');
      $currentSchedConfs =& $schedConfDao->getCurrentSchedConfs($conference->getId());

$templateMgr->assign_by_ref('schedConfs', $currentSchedConfs);

$templateMgr->display('conference/current.tpl');
   }

/**
    * Display the home page for the current conference.
    */
   function archive($args) {
      $this->addCheck(new HandlerValidatorConference($this));
      $this->validate();
      $conference =& Request::getConference();
      $this->setupTemplate();

$templateMgr =& TemplateManager::getManager();

$conferenceDao =& DAORegistry::getDAO('ConferenceDAO');

$templateMgr->assign('helpTopicId', 'user.home');

// Assign header and content for home page
      $templateMgr->assign('displayPageHeaderTitle', $conference->getPageHeaderTitle(true));
      $templateMgr->assign('displayPageHeaderLogo', $conference->getPageHeaderLogo(true));
      $templateMgr->assign('displayPageHeaderTitleAltText', $conference->getLocalizedSetting('homeHeaderTitleImageAltText'));
      $templateMgr->assign('displayPageHeaderLogoAltText', $conference->getLocalizedSetting('homeHeaderLogoImageAltText'));
      $templateMgr->assign('additionalHomeContent', $conference->getLocalizedSetting('additionalHomeContent'));
      $templateMgr->assign('homepageImage', $conference->getSetting('homepageImage'));
      $templateMgr->assign('homepageImageAltText', $conference->getLocalizedSetting('homepageImageAltText'));
      $templateMgr->assign('description', $conference->getSetting('description'));
      $templateMgr->assign('conferenceTitle', $conference->getConferenceTitle());

$schedConfDao =& DAORegistry::getDAO('SchedConfDAO');
      $pastSchedConfs =& $schedConfDao->getEnabledSchedConfs($conference->getId());

$templateMgr->assign_by_ref('schedConfs', $pastSchedConfs);

$templateMgr->display('conference/archive.tpl');
   }
}

?>

And I have another question, Is it possible to show user registration type and his/her payment?

Regards
Amir
amirdarajeh

Postby asmecher » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:30 am

Hi Amir,

What version of OCS are you using?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby amirdarajeh » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:14 pm

Hi Alec
OCS 2.3.6

Regards
Amir
amirdarajeh

Postby asmecher » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:23 pm

Hi Amir,

You're looking at the wrong file. Have a look at pages/schedConf/SchedConfHandler.inc.php, not pages/schedConfs/SchedConfsHandler.inc.php.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby amirdarajeh » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:19 am

Thank you Alec, I found the file.
I have another question, in locale file at this line:
Code: Select all
<message key="schedConf.registration.alreadyRegistered">You are already registered for this conference, although payment has not yet been received. Please contact the principal contact in "About" if this is in error or you would like to change your registration.</message>

you said that " you would like to change your registration." But how can I put a link to edit or show user registration information at this page?

Regards
Amir
amirdarajeh

Postby asmecher » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:31 pm

Hi Amir,

If you want to put a link into that locale key, you'd need to add a variable into its text (e.g. "{$registrationLinkUrl}") and then provide that variable with a value wherever the locale key is used:
  • templates/registration/userRegistrationForm.tpl
  • templates/registration/selectRegistrationType.tpl
  • pages/schedConf/SchedConfHandler.inc.php
Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby amirdarajeh » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:17 pm

Thank you
Alec I don't know what code that I must add to "pages/schedConf/SchedConfHandler.inc.php" . please guide me to add information of user registration like: registration type and amount of payment and allow users edit these information on "schedConf/registration" after user registration was completed.

Regards
Amir
amirdarajeh

Postby amirdarajeh » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:29 am

Hi
Alec are you there?
amirdarajeh

Postby asmecher » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:20 am

Hi Amir,

I can provide guidance here but I can't code modifications for you. If you're getting stuck on something specific, let me know and I'll provide some guidance.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby amirdarajeh » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:18 pm

Thanks for answer
I don't want you write the code, I only need some guidance on how can I show registration Information to user in "schedConf/registration"?

It's my scenario: My user registered in a conf, he/she decide to change the registration type or need to see how much to pay, But as I know it's impossible in OCS. (If is it possible please help me to activate this feature or If it isn't included in OCS please help me to add it)

Thank in advance
Amir
amirdarajeh

Postby asmecher » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:54 pm

Hi Amir,

Currently in recent releases of OCS, if the user attempts to register again after a registration has already been started, they'll be able to follow the same process to alter their existing registration. They would use the same URLs they followed to start the registration process.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby amirdarajeh » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:21 pm

Hi Alec
Thanks for quick response
So if a user want to see their registration fee for manual payment, What should to do?

Regards
Amir
amirdarajeh

Postby asmecher » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:46 am

Hi Amir,

I would suggest starting by looking at bug #8946, which contains links to patches that will address at least part of your question.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Next

Return to OCS Technical Support