OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Modifying Registration Messaging

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Modifying Registration Messaging

Postby Mquinn » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:36 pm

Hi.

Looking to change the wording when the registrant is presented with the following message.

"You are already registered for this conference and your registration has been paid. Please contact the principal contact in "About" if this is in error or you would like to change your registration."

Want to change the link "about" to another page. Where can I find the message in the OCS site? I thought I found it once, but then I can't locate it. I though that the actual message was built using a text box. I want to find that text box or change the wording directly.

I think this is the code that checks for already registered and if yes, brings up the message.
// Ensure that user does not already have a registration for this scheduled conference
if ($this->registrationId == null) {
$this->addCheck(new FormValidatorCustom($this, 'userId', 'required', 'manager.registration.form.registrationExists', array(DAORegistry::getDAO('RegistrationDAO'), 'registrationExistsByUser'), array($schedConf->getId()), true));

Thanks. The OCS is a great application
Mquinn

Re: Modifying Registration Messaging

Postby asmecher » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:08 am

Hi Mquinn,

The locale key you're seeing is coded in locale/en_US/locale.xml (for en_US, which is U.S. English). Search for "schedConf.registration.alreadyRegistered" in that file. (Once you've modified the file, use an XML validator to make sure you haven't introduced any XML typos.)

On the PHP side, you can find that message referenced in pages/schedConf/SchedConfHandler.inc.php in the registration() function.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OCS Technical Support