OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Upload Files Error - Changed Permissions

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Upload Files Error - Changed Permissions

Postby apeterka » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:59 am

I wasn't able to upload files as a reviewer until I changed the files directory permissions to Read, Write and Execute for the owner permissions. Everything I saw on the forums and documentation only mention Read and Write permissions. By having this directory set with Execute permission, am I opening myself to massive exploits? Or am I ok this way?

Thanks for any advice, Alan
apeterka

Re: Upload Files Error - Changed Permissions

Postby asmecher » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:33 am

Hi apeterka,

Directories with owners granted execute permissions should not cause security problems.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OCS Technical Support