OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problem with changing database password

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Problem with changing database password

Postby rmillstein » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:36 am

Hi,

I would like to change the password that I use to access my MySQL database. However, when I do that, OCS can no longer access the conference data that is already stored in the database. In fact, I can't even log in as an admin anymore if I change the database password. Is there a way to do this that I am not seeing? I am afraid to run install.php again, for fear that it might overwrite my data.

Thanks for any assistance.

-RM
rmillstein

Postby asmecher » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:38 pm

Hi RM,

The database settings are stored in include/db.inc.php; if you're unable to access the administration interface, you can change the password by editing this file. If you want to change the database password, you'll need to grant access in MySQL:
Code: Select all
GRANT ALL ON my_database.* TO my_database_user@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'my_database_password';
Make sure the values in include/db.inc.php match, and you should be ready to go.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby rmillstein » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:18 pm

Thank you very much! This did the trick.
rmillstein

Return to OCS Technical Support