OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Removing Link to "Not a User" and "Forgot Password"

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Removing Link to "Not a User" and "Forgot Password"

Postby pirkey » Thu May 16, 2013 1:03 pm

I have a client that wants to use a single username and login for a conference site. I've got this working ok, however if a user hits the "not a user please register" or "forgot password" links on the public login page they can quickly disable the system for everyone.

Is there a way to simply remove these links from the public page?

I see there is a workaround to restrict registations to the "Journal Manager" for this in OJS but it does not seem to be available in OCS.

Thanks for your help

Kevin
pirkey

Re: Removing Link to "Not a User" and "Forgot Password"

Postby JasonNugent » Wed May 29, 2013 4:31 am

Hi Kevin,

You can edit the template at lib/pkp/templates/user/login.tpl and remove the various links. There are a few places that would need to be edited, but the template is not that large.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Re: Removing Link to "Not a User" and "Forgot Password"

Postby pirkey » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:16 pm

Thank You!
pirkey

Return to OCS Technical Support