OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS Plugin: CSS3 BlueBar theme

The Plugin Gallery is a venue for users of PKP software to share their plugins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
If you post a plugin here, please include information on which versions of which applications it is compatible with. Attach a tarball of the plugin (e.g. tar cvzf myPlugin-0.1.tar.gz plugins/generic/myPlugin). Thanks for contributing!

OJS Plugin: CSS3 BlueBar theme

Postby mcrider » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:35 pm

Hi folks,

To encourage more theme development, and to hopefully get a nice theme setup to be enabled by default for OJS (too many people use the stock OJS style, and its a little... last-century... ), I've developed a theme plugin for OJS 2.3.x. This theme makes liberal use of CSS3 (background gradients, rounded corners, etc.) so it might not look like pictured in old browsers, but should degrade gracefully.

Here's a screenshot:

blueBarSS.png
blueBarSS.png (138.75 KiB) Viewed 6258 times

Cheers,
Matt
Attachments
blueBar.tar.gz
(3.34 KiB) Downloaded 836 times
mcrider

Re: OJS Plugin: CSS3 BlueBar theme

Postby kimo » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:14 am

Nice theme, but why it is not explained how to add it/apply it in OJS?
I am surprised by the generality of topics in this forum without providing precise information related to the issue/question posed!
Of course, the answer is the reader is presumed to be a savvy and very skilled person in everything ! :)
kimo

Postby pcdavid » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:09 am

hey mcrider,
I'm a beginner and I'm very interested in learning how to use OJS.

I've been reading and watching several pages that use ojs, and there is a journal where they completly changed the style and the order of the site, do you know how to do that?

this is one example, where they completly changed the journal using OJS
http://revistas.um.es/ril/article/view/142301

I know, that I can change the fonts and colors by modifying the common.css but if I want to do something like you did with that bar, or reorder the whole site like they did using html tables. Do you know a possible way to do that?

Thank you very much.

David
Colombia, south America
pcdavid

Postby mcrider » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:39 am

Hi David,

Actually, that theme consists of only custom CSS -- the navigation bar for example is just pushed to the top using absolute positioning. You can do some interesting stuff with just CSS, but some people go a little further and modify the the templates that make up the OJS layout. These are found in the ojs/templates/ and ojs/lib/pkp/templates directories. There isn't much information on how to do this, and its generally discouraged (as it will make upgrading your OJS installation more tedious), but if you're comfortable with smarty templates feel free to give it a shot.

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Postby pcdavid » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:48 pm

Thank you very much Matt,

I'll give it a try working with the css.

by the way, do you know a way to insert iframes in the static pages plugin?

I want my journal to have items like the ones shown here http://manda.com/iframe/
there are two previous publications of this journal but the static page plugin, says that the code is too long, and once I save the code, it doesn't record it so I can't use the iframe code in the static page plugin.

any suggestions?
pcdavid

Postby mcrider » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:38 pm

Hi David,

I don't have much experience with the static pages plugin, but there is some discussion about how it treats iFrames on these pages:
http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5278
http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7849

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Postby pcdavid » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:08 am

Thank you matt,

it was really helpful.

David,
Colombia,S.A
pcdavid