OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OCS Plugin: Custom Block Manager

The Plugin Gallery is a venue for users of PKP software to share their plugins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
If you post a plugin here, please include information on which versions of which applications it is compatible with. Attach a tarball of the plugin (e.g. tar cvzf myPlugin-0.1.tar.gz plugins/generic/myPlugin). Thanks for contributing!

OCS Plugin: Custom Block Manager

Postby shandman » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:30 am

This is a modification of the OJS Plugin: Custom Block Manager by Juan Pablo Alperin, currently still a WIP but it works for me with an error on the settings page that I have not yet been able to trace.

This plugin is intended to enable users to create customizable HTML blocks for the sidebars. The plugin works in conjunction with Step 4 of the Conference Setup.

Once the plugin is enabled, blocks can be added and deleted through the management interface. Blocks created through this interface will subsequently appear as their own Block Plugin and can have their content edited with the TinyMCE HTML editor. Sidebar blocks can then be arranged in the sidebar through Conference Setup Step 4 (Style)

Author: Howard Shand
Software: OCS
Version: 2.1.1+
Multilingual: NO
Attachments
customBlockManager.zip
(17.52 KiB) Downloaded 542 times
shandman

Re: OCS Plugin: Custom Block Manager

Postby sgc » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:08 pm

Has anyone been able to make this work besides Howard? The problem we are seeing is when we place a block in the right sidebar the lines appear but no content is displayed. I realize this is very much in development but our need is great so if anyone has seen this before please let me know if there is a fix. TIA.

Simon

OCS version 2.1.1.1
OS platform Linux
PHP version 5.2.9
sgc

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:11 pm

Hi Simon,

OCS 2.3+ includes the Custom Block Manager by default; you may want to look at upgrading if possible, or back-porting the plugin from 2.3 to 2.1 -- but I won't guarantee that it'll work.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby sgc » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:05 pm

Hi James

I think it will be too late for this conference as we are not ready to go with the development version. I will pass on the back porting with the new version in the future! Many thanks for the info.

Simon
sgc

Return to Plugin Gallery