OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

bug or not bug

The Plugin Gallery is a venue for users of PKP software to share their plugins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
If you post a plugin here, please include information on which versions of which applications it is compatible with. Attach a tarball of the plugin (e.g. tar cvzf myPlugin-0.1.tar.gz plugins/generic/myPlugin). Thanks for contributing!

bug or not bug

Postby lightshadow306 » Thu May 14, 2009 3:04 pm

Dear,
When I use http://pi.library.yorku.ca/ojs-xml/ to import an issue, I got some problem.
System: FreeBSD 7.0 + Apache 2.2 + Mysql 5.1
OJS: 2.2.2 +latexrender plugin
description of the problem: If the content of the xml contains something like $\int_0^1 f(t)\,dt$ then
1. sometimes, I will got something wrong until I change it to $ \int_0^1 f(t)\,dt $
2. when I imported the xml file by import-plugin, then slash "\" disappear, and it was real a big problem for mathematical journals, since I always has a lots mathematical symbols in "Abstract" section.

Thank you for assistance !!
lightshadow306

Re: bug or not bug

Postby jmacgreg » Fri May 15, 2009 2:31 pm

Hi lightshadow306,

You can try wrapping any problem symbols (or whole blocks of text) with <![CDATA[...]]> tags, so

Code: Select all
$\int_0^1 f(t)\,dt$

would be marked up as

Code: Select all
<![CDATA[$\int_0^1 f(t)\,dt$]]>

I haven't tested this myself, but that should do it.

There's a fair amount of documentation on importing/exporting here: http://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php/Import ... rting_Data. That page is open to community editing, so if you feel like adding to it with your experiences, by all means do so.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby lightshadow306 » Thu May 21, 2009 2:38 pm

Dear James:
Thank you very much. But Since sometimes, we have a lots of mathematical symbols in abstract, so your solution is not effective.
I really appreciate your effort. Thank you very much.
lightshadow306

Postby jmacgreg » Sun May 24, 2009 6:04 pm

Hi Lightshadow306,

I'm having trouble replicating this. It would be worth establishing whether this is an issue with the latexRender plugin, or with the XML import plugin. Try uploading a file normally, and see whether the symbols are mucked up or not -- if not, then it should be the import plugin that is the issue. Let me know, and I can continue to investigate.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby lightshadow306 » Tue May 26, 2009 10:23 pm

Dear James,
I think it happen because of import plugin. This happens even I use http://pi.library.yorku.ca/ojs-xml/.

Best regrads
lightshadow306

Return to Plugin Gallery