OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS Plugin: LatexRender support

The Plugin Gallery is a venue for users of PKP software to share their plugins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
If you post a plugin here, please include information on which versions of which applications it is compatible with. Attach a tarball of the plugin (e.g. tar cvzf myPlugin-0.1.tar.gz plugins/generic/myPlugin). Thanks for contributing!

Re: OJS Plugin: LatexRender support

Postby rmurphy00 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:53 pm

I keep getting the following error:

Code: Select all
WARNING: The required tools are missing or incorrectly configured. See plugins/generic/latexRender/lib/otherPHP/latexrender/class.latexrender.php for the configured locations of these tools.

All I have done is untarred the LatexRender plugin tarball into the plugins/generic folder. When I go to enable the module (under generic modules), I get this error. I couldn't find a README; am I missing something?

Thanks!
-Ray
rmurphy00

Postby asmecher » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:19 pm

Hi Ray,

Look in plugins/generic/latexRender/lib/otherPHP/latexrender/class.latexrender.php -- there are some tools there that need to be available for the plugin to work, e.g. "latex", "dvipng", and "identify". If they're on your system, but you still see this message, double-check that the directories in class.latexrender.php are correct.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby rmurphy00 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:22 pm

Hi Alec,

Thanks for the reply. Is there some documentation, or README, or some file that explains in detail all of the requirements? Or perhaps, a file with instructions?

Thanks a lot!
-Ray
rmurphy00

Postby asmecher » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:12 pm

Hi Ray,

The LatexRender documentation is included in lib/README in the plugin package; the plugin self-documents with the following:
This plugin enables server-side rendering of embedded LaTeX content in article titles and abstracts. LaTeX snippets can be embedded inline using $snippetHere$, or in an indented block using $$snippetHere$$. Non-delimiting dollar signs must be escaped with a backslash, e.g. "\$5.00".
Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby gonetil » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:27 am

This plugin works really fine. Congratulations!

However, I would also need to include it in OCS. Is there any guide to adapt the OJS plug-in to OCS?
Thanks in advance.
gonetil

Postby asmecher » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:47 am

Hi gonetil,

As far as I'm aware, nobody has ported this plugin to OCS. Much of the work will be a simple change in terminology, i.e. $article => $paper, $section => $track, etc, but there will be some coding involved. If you do undertake a port of the plugin to OCS, please consider contributing it back to the community.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby gonetil » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:13 am

I have adapted this plugin to work with OCS. I am still testing it, but it seems to work just fine. The code is quite the same, I've modified a few getters, setters and templates to work with it. Hope it works fou you, testers are welcome.
I am using: OCS 2.1.1.1 (octubre 20, 2008 - 11:09 ) Ubuntu Linux, PHP 5.2.4-2ubuntu5.5, Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.4-2ubuntu5.5 with Suhosin-Patch
and mysql 5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.4-log
Attachments
latexRenderOCS.tar.gz
OCS Latex Renderer Plugin
(23.62 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
gonetil

Postby jerico » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:37 pm

Hi!

The latexRender plug-in was written while OJS version 2.2 was current. All plug-ins written for 2.2 should also work in 2.3 except for two limitations:
- They may cause deprecation warnings in the log if deprecation logging is enabled
- They cannot be installed with the new web-based installer interface.

I've added the necessary changes to make the latexRender plug-in 2.3 web-installable (added a version.xml file) and changed a few lines of code to get rid of the deprecation warnings. Please also make sure you have seen and patched http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5505.

Please be aware that the attached version will no longer work in OJS 2.2.
Attachments
latexRender-0.5.tar.gz
latexRender V0.5.0
(22.94 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
jerico

Previous

Return to Plugin Gallery