OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

ALM Plugin

The Plugin Gallery is a venue for users of PKP software to share their plugins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
If you post a plugin here, please include information on which versions of which applications it is compatible with. Attach a tarball of the plugin (e.g. tar cvzf myPlugin-0.1.tar.gz plugins/generic/myPlugin). Thanks for contributing!

Re: ALM Plugin

Postby asmecher » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:58 am

Hi Themis,

No, those are just warnings; are you sure there's nothing else listed? If not, can you try some of the other debugging suggestions on that posting?

Another possibility is that the ALM plugin requires an OJS newer than your v2.3.7; I'll ask Juan whether that's the case.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby asmecher » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:19 am

Hi Themis,

As I suspected -- the plugin requires OJS 2.4.3 or newer. I've updated the original post to note that.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby piotreba » Fri May 09, 2014 2:18 am

I enabled this plugin but I cannot see any statistics (or information that no statistics is available) on the article landing page (the one with abstract). I use OJS 2.4.4.
piotreba

Postby jalperin » Wed May 21, 2014 11:19 pm

piotreba wrote:I enabled this plugin but I cannot see any statistics (or information that no statistics is available) on the article landing page (the one with abstract). I use OJS 2.4.4.

You must still be missing something. Check the source on the abstract page and see if there are references to "alm" on the page. If there are, check if there if the following is somewhere in there:
Code: Select all
<div id="alm">
jalperin

Postby piotreba » Wed May 21, 2014 11:24 pm

Hmm, no, there are no references to the alm plugin on the abstract page. I just enabled the plugin, should I do something else too in order to display it on the article page?
piotreba

Postby jalperin » Wed May 21, 2014 11:27 pm

@piotreba, did you follow all the steps in the original post of this thread? Including step 3? Mind sharing a link to an abstract page on a journal that has the plugin enabled?
jalperin

Postby piotreba » Thu May 22, 2014 2:54 am

I have just upgraded to the OJS 2.4.4.1, so the ALM plugin has been already integrated into this version. I followed the steps from the priginal post. I have post the URL via PM to you.
piotreba

Postby jalperin » Thu May 22, 2014 12:34 pm

Strange. Check the "versions" table contains a row with product = "alm". Also double check you have an API key set up in the plugin settings.
jalperin

Postby piotreba » Thu May 22, 2014 5:15 pm

There is no "alm" product in the "versions" table, although there are some entries from May, when I was upgrading OJS.

I have API key entered, as well as "Article information deposit url" set to "http://pkp-alm.lib.sfu.ca/load/deposit.php"
piotreba

Postby jalperin » Thu May 22, 2014 7:55 pm

Try running the php tools/upgrade.php upgrade command. That should add the entry to the versions table, which needs to be there.
jalperin

Postby Garant » Thu May 22, 2014 10:32 pm

Hi!
Evey day I'm receiving such error messages from each journal:
Code: Select all
The server returned a message: {"success": "Uploaded file", "count": 6}
        22 entries from articles were sent...

Is it a bug?
Garant

Postby piotreba » Thu May 22, 2014 11:59 pm

I run the upgrade and it helped. Strange because I run it on the occasion of upgrading from 2.4.4 to 2.4.4.1 with this plugin already enabled.

Anyway, there are no metrics found. I signed in to http://pkp-alm.lib.sfu.ca and I see that there are no articles in the "Articles" section. In the "Sources" I see that many of them have either "inactive" or "waiting" or "disabled" status. I posted few weeks ago my IP and journal urls as stated in the original post, and what's next? Should I activate something or wait the sources become active?
piotreba

Postby jalperin » Fri May 23, 2014 12:01 am

Sources sometimes become enabled/disabled if something is going wrong with the API calls to the sources. They should become enabled automatically in the coming days. We're trying to get to the root of what is causing the errors in the API calls. Thanks for your patience.
jalperin

Postby gustavotonini » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:46 pm

Hello people,
we have installed the ALM plugin last month but until now the system did not generate any data.
It's always showing "No metrics found". Example: https://periodicos.ufsc.br/index.php/perspectiva

Did I miss anything?
gustavotonini

Postby tarcisiop » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:13 am

Gustavo,

Tudo bem? Se você instalou a primeira versão do ALM isso é um problema, havia um erro no código.
Volta na primeira página e baixa a versão mais recente, deverá funcionar.

Abraços.
tarcisiop

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Gallery