OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OMP Monograph Request: a "Summary" View template and page

To discuss the technical development of the Open Monograph Press.

Moderators: jmacgreg, John

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome.

OMP Monograph Request: a "Summary" View template and page

Postby rootl » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:25 am

Greetings. Our Press Editors and managers have requested this capability:

A "Summary" Page:

Allows Press Managers & Editors the ability to monitor status of all monographs within the press, not only those to which they are specifically assigned. Similar to the OJS “ Submissions in Editing” View. A mockup is attached.

What tpl files would need to be modified and created? What class, router, handler, and other files would need to be altered?

We would also like this capability to be added to the next version of OMP. I would be willing to contribute to this and submit it to GitHub also. Thank you.
Attachments
OMP Summary Page Mock-up.jpg
OMP Summary Page Mock-up.jpg (113.2 KiB) Viewed 10696 times
rootl

Re: OMP Monograph Request: a "Summary" View template and pag

Postby asmecher » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:45 am

Hi rootl,

We've been discussing this exact feature internally -- specifically for OJS 3.0, but it would apply equally to OMP. I'll ask one of our developers to share the specifications so we can get your comment and potentially some contribution to the code as well. Stay tuned.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby bbeghelli » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:14 pm

Hi Rootl,

Sorry for the long time without answer. I hope you guys are still interested in.

I managed to add what we are discussing here: http://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php?title= ... sion_lists

I think that what we propose here will list all submission within the system, except the archived ones. But we don't add the dates that you added. I think that's important for editors that really needs to take an action on that submission, but then you will have your task list that will show you a direct notification that you have to do something. We don't have dates there, maybe it's a good idea to add there.

Our proposal it's different than yours because it gives users 3 grids, so they can have a quick look to submissions at 3 different perspectives at the same time. It's easier for an editor to check for an unassigned submission and at the same time see how many submissions he has, or check for editors with less submissions assigned.

Let me know if you have any ideas or questions. I am more capable of working on this now.

Thanks,
Bruno
bbeghelli

Postby rootl » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:38 am

Thank you Bruno. This is a great proposal. I do like this 3 grid format. We would need the dates also. I will talk with the rest of the team about ideas.
rootl

Postby rootl » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:46 am

Greetings,

Will this Dashboard Submissions status list be integrated into OMP 1.1? Thanks.

http://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php?title= ... sion_lists
rootl

Postby asmecher » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:04 am

Hi all,

The dashboard changes didn't make it into OMP 1.1 -- beyond the addition of an Archive area -- but we'll be working on it in detail this month, so it's likely we'll have a bug entry and patches before long.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OMP Development