OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

File naming in catalogue

For discussion of ideas, functional requirements, interests regarding the Open Monograph Press.

Moderators: jmacgreg, John

Forum rules
Please feel free to post any questions or start any discussion about OMP here. We'll let you know via this forum when OMP is ready to download and test. You may also want to keep an eye on our OMP page.

File naming in catalogue

Postby djohnst » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:13 am

In our test press Research in Reasoning Argumentation and Rhetoric, the name of the file available in the catalogue for download is generated as 62-99Z..... Is it possible to change the name of the file to something more natural for users to access. I can understand that the obscuring of title might be useful at certain stages of the process, but at the stage where it is in the catalogue it should be something users can recognize.
djohnst

Re: File naming in catalogue

Postby francisyip » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:36 pm

djohnst wrote:In our test press Research in Reasoning Argumentation and Rhetoric, the name of the file available in the catalogue for download is generated as 62-99Z..... Is it possible to change the name of the file to something more natural for users to access. I can understand that the obscuring of title might be useful at certain stages of the process, but at the stage where it is in the catalogue it should be something users can recognize.

I think it is possible to change it. Can't remember how though.. It's been some time since I've done this. Anyone care to help?
francisyip

Return to OMP Discussion