OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Import into OMP

For discussion of ideas, functional requirements, interests regarding the Open Monograph Press.

Moderators: jmacgreg, John

Forum rules
Please feel free to post any questions or start any discussion about OMP here. We'll let you know via this forum when OMP is ready to download and test. You may also want to keep an eye on our OMP page.

Import into OMP

Postby princec » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:45 am

I'm investigating the OMP (installed from CVS).

We have a number of monographs that would work wonderfully on OMP but we're no sure how to go about importing them.

Right now, I only see the Users XML Plugin.

I'm wondering what kind of formats will be supported/planned for import into OMP.

Cheers,
Colin
princec

Re: Import into OMP

Postby cynthiag » Wed May 01, 2013 7:44 am

Hello,

I realize this post is a few years old, but it doesn't look like there has been a response. I've just recently installed OMP for evaluation and am wondering if there is a way to do a mass import of monograph information. Like the previous comment, I see the option to import users, but not to import other content. Is this available and I just can't see it or is it something being worked on for the future?

Thank you for your time.
Cynthia
cynthiag

Postby asmecher » Wed May 01, 2013 8:55 am

Hi Cynthia,

That hasn't been implemented yet, mostly as we haven't had much call for it yet (early adopters of OMP have been using the submission and workflow processes to get content in and familiarize themselves with the system). However, as we receive more requests for it, we'll prioritize it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby cynthiag » Wed May 01, 2013 9:00 am

Hi Alec,

Great! Thank you for the quick reply. I will follow up if we decide to move forward with the implementation.

Thanks,
Cynthia
cynthiag

Postby ecaprio » Mon May 06, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi!
This is my first post and I am learning to use OMP, but I think that such a feature would be extremely useful!

Thanks!

Enrico
ecaprio

Postby asmecher » Mon May 06, 2013 1:37 pm

Hi all,

I've filed this in Bugzilla for consideration for the 1.1 release; see http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8220.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby nef » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:59 am

Hi
I really would appreciate that too. That would be great.
Regards
NEF
nef

Postby ojshelpatucalgary » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:31 pm

Yes! This would be most helpful. We have been using OJS as the platform for monographs. It would be great if we could import monograph information to OMP to transfer all records. We are hoping to import information exported from OJS if possible.
The dream would be the ability to import the users with roles attached and with associated sumissions and history if possible. That might be asking too much.

Cheers!
ojshelpatucalgary

Postby asmecher » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:06 pm

Hi all,

We're just putting the finishing touches on an XML import/export plugin for OMP covering published content (but not yet users); this will not be quite the same XML format as OJS uses, and does not cover editorial concerns like peer reviews etc., but is an important first step. It'll be released with OMP 1.1. An XML stylesheet to convert between OJS and OMP is entirely possible for the future.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OMP Discussion