OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Quick Submit doesn't recognize File Type (OJS 2.3.7)

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Quick Submit doesn't recognize File Type (OJS 2.3.7)

Postby mikokapow » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:46 am

Hi!

I've been using the Quick Submit Plugin to quickly upload back issues. I seem to have a problem where the resulting articles have galley files, but their labels are "Untitled" and File Type is listed as "0", instead of automatically being recognized as PDF's with file type: application/pdf.

I've tried renaming the labels to "PDF" so that it appears better on Tables of Contents, but then clicking on the link simply leads to a direct download and not the pdf viewer of OJS.

Is their a configuration or setting i'm missing so that Quick Submit automatically recognizes my pdfs as such?

many thanks!
Miko
mikokapow

Re: Quick Submit doesn't recognize File Type (OJS 2.3.7)

Postby ang2el » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:23 pm

Upgrade to 2.4.2 and if you still see same error, then do the following

1. Go to the Issue (if you have already published it)

2. Then go to articles

3. go to "Editing"

4. Click "edit" in Galley Format

5. There you change "PDF from "Untitled"

At least this will serve to some extent to show link to PDF instead of Untitled, it will download PDF instantly without view.

Hope it is helpful.
ang2el

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion