OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Submissions with Payment query

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Submissions with Payment query

Postby danscott » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:07 am

Hi there

We have received an email from somebody that has been trying to upload a paper and pay an article processing charge - we received notification of the payment but the article has not uploaded correctly. This may simply be an error, but I am concerned that the manuscript ID is 38, as this suggests that other papers may have been fully or partially uploaded but are also not visible. Our last published paper had the manuscript ID 24.

"To whom it may concern:

I uploaded a manuscript for publication consideration today, but I encountered a problem with confirming my submission so that the status of my manuscript seems to be listed as incomplete. The manuscript ID is 38. When I click on the button to finish my submission, it directs me to paypal even though I already paid the article processing fee (it even mentions that I paid on the confirmation screen: Article Processing Charge: Paid November 10, 2012 - 01:01 AM). I would appreciate it if you could help me finalize my submission."

I would be grateful for any assistance.

Kind regards
DAN SCOTT
danscott

Re: Submissions with Payment query

Postby michael » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi Dan,

Which version of OJS are you running?

Are you using PayPal for payment processing?

Do you see any relevant error msgs in your error log that correspond to that submission date/time?

Thanks,
Michael
michael

Postby danscott » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:30 am

Hi Michael

Thanks very much for your reply. Forgive what may seem an odd reply (I'm still relatively new to OJS) -
I don't know which version of OJS we have, but if you could tell me where to find the info I will let you know.
Yes, we are using PayPal for payment; but, again, I'm not sure where to look for the error log.

Regards
DAN
danscott

Postby michael » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:02 pm

Hi Dan,

To check your OJS version, you can click on "About this publishing system" which you'll find at the bottom of the journal "About" page.

The location of your error log will depend on your server configuration, i.e. you'll need to ask your system admin for it or ask them to check it for any errors/oddities around that date/time.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion