OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Authors submitting revisions as new pieces

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Authors submitting revisions as new pieces

Postby philipl » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:23 am

We are having a problem with authors who revise articles and then upload these as new articles rather than revisions. Is there a way whereby you can easily combine these two submission so that the revised article is placed alongside the correct article ID? At present we are having to do this uploading manually.

Philip
philipl

Re: Authors submitting revisions as new pieces

Postby vgabler » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:40 am

Hi, Philip,

As far as I'm aware, there is no functionality to merge individual article records or to transfer a document from one article record to another without performing the process manually. One option would be to "Reject and Archive" the duplicate record, and in the e-mail that goes to the author you can specify that the author should submit the revision to his or her earlier submission. You might also want to include this as general information in the author guidelines,the submission checklist, and in the prepared e-mails for revision required and resubmit for review for greater compliance among your authors.

All best,
Vanessa Gabler
vgabler

Re: Authors submitting revisions as new pieces

Postby carlanderson » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:31 am

My journal has also had this problem -- and I suspect we are not the only ones ....
I wonder if the capacity to merge submissions within the system would be a good candidate for a new feature?

Cheers,
Carl
carlanderson

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion