OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Can't see all articles

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Can't see all articles

Postby daviding » Mon May 08, 2006 2:55 pm

We've been running OJS v2.1 for some time. Today, on the page "Submissions" -- on all of Unassigned, In Review, and In Editing -- there is line near the bottom of the page that reads something like: "1 - 25 of 30 Items". However, only the first article appears. The second page has, at the bottom, "26 - 30 of 30 Items", but again only the first article (presumably #26) shows up. The other articles (i.e. 24 of them) seem to be invisible.

What can I do to diagnose this problem? We've were moving submissions from layout editing through to the galley yesterday, and didn't see any problems then.
daviding

Postby asmecher » Mon May 08, 2006 4:16 pm

Hi David,

There are a few potential causes for this which will be corrected in the next release of OJS; see:If you're able to narrow it down to one of these cases, please post here and I'll try to provide more details on correcting the issue.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
Last edited by asmecher on Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
asmecher

Not scheduling?

Postby daviding » Tue May 09, 2006 1:14 am

Alec, thanks for the quick response. (Instead of being in my usual Eastern Time, I'm visiting in GMT, so we'll have some time challenges for a bit).

I can't be absolutely certain, since we have multiple users working on our system, that anything had not been moved to scheduling, but have a suspicion that that's not it. The others seemed not to have been working on the system at that time. For all I can tell, I was the last one in the system, having done layout editing and moving some articles to the galley.

In the right sidebar, if I select Editor ... Issues ... Scheduling ... I get the error message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getArticleId() on a non-object in /home/web/isss/ojs-2.0.2-1/templates/t_compile/%%FC^FC4^FC4FCA07%%schedulingQueue.tpl.php on line 65

Similarly, I get the following report from one of our editors:

I tried going to the Journals site to check on the articles submitted there but I received the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getArticleId() on a non-object in /home/web/isss/ojs-2.0.2-1/templates/t_compile/%%5B^5B5^5B53CC71%%active.tpl.php on line 25

The same sort of error (with a slightly different string) appears when I try to search for an article in the area of active submissions.

I think that I would try to check if the first bug you had mentioned was the problem, except that I can't see those entries!

We're coming up to final submissions of papers for our annual meeting, so we're getting a little more visibility (and e-mail) than we'd like. If you could also suggest temporary workarounds or diagnoses, I can test them out. Thanks.
daviding

Same issue with user list

Postby simonk » Tue May 09, 2006 5:18 am

Another symptom ...

When I log into the Management Pages (/manager), and click on Users > All Users, only the first user in the list appears.
I can use the search to bring up other usernames - provided we have a registered user that matches the search criteria.
Otherwise a fatal error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function getEmail() on a non-object in /home/web/isss/ojs-2.0.2-1/templates/t_compile/%%0B^0B3^0B3AA59B%%enrollment.tpl.php on line 180

I'm wondering if there is an error log that may help us pinpoint when this started happening. Couldn't find any details in the OJS Technical Reference doc though.
simonk

Issue

Postby simonk » Tue May 09, 2006 5:51 am

As David pointed out, we can't see the scheduling queue, so it's difficult to say whether anything is stuck there.

In thinking about other changes that may have had an impact, I've come across one: I'd published a sample paper to an issue (Editor was assigned, went through workflow and published successfully); but the sample issue has since been removed. The paper still exists (I can see it in the Archives, when logged in as Editor); Status shows the name of the issue.
simonk

Postby asmecher » Tue May 09, 2006 10:39 am

Hi David & Simon,

From the error message you quote, it looks like you're running OJS 2.0.2-1 -- I'd suggest upgrading to OJS 2.1.0-1, our current release. There are several minor bugs in OJS 2.0.2-1 that could cause this to occur. The upgrade is painless and also adds a number of new features.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Upgraded, thanks

Postby daviding » Tue May 09, 2006 3:14 pm

I guess that I couldn't read straight to see that we were downlevel. (Too many numbers after the 2!)

We've upgraded to the current version, and the problem has gone away. Thanks for the help.
daviding

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion