OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

How might authors read text, not uploaded, reviews?

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

How might authors read text, not uploaded, reviews?

Postby sjones » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:10 pm

I may be missing something really fundamental, so I apologize in advance if I am doing so.

From what I can tell, reviewers can do three things:

1. Enter or paste a review into a text box to be seen by editors ("for editor").
2. Enter or paste a review into a text box to be seen by authors and/or editors ("for author and editor").
3. Upload a file that the section editor allows or disallows authors to see.

However, it would seem that authors are only able to see uploaded files, and not the contents of reviews that reviewers have entered or pasted in and have designated. For uploaded files there is a check box labeled "Let author view file," but there appears to be no such thing for text-only reviews.

How can I allow authors to read reviews that have no uploaded files associated with them?

Thanks in advance,
Sj
sjones

Postby John » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:06 am

Sj
Editors are able to import the reviewer's Review (i.e., text typed or pasted in the comments box) into the Notify Author correspondence in Editor Decision on the submission's Review page. There is a Import Peer Review button in the email to the author. Editors can edit these comments before sending, and refer to files uploaded, etc.
John

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion