Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.
Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions. What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:
1. Read the documentation
. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.
2. take a look at the tutorials
. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.
3. Post a question
. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support
subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development
We are a non-profit academic society that has recently installed OJS for an international journal that we have taken over. We have registered quite a few Editors, Reviewers and Authors in the system. They have now begun testing the system. However, a number of them have reported problems that I have compiled into a list below. Some of these issues may be user created and others may be configuration related or just plain old bugs. Perhaps several of these issues have one cause?
If anyone can shed some light on any of these issues, it would be great.
I am a Journal Manager. OJS 188.8.131.52 was installed on a hosting company server that offers us free support. All I know about the hosting environment at this stage is that it is a Linux server and therefore we are using PHPMail and not Exchange. I will ask them to activate scheduled_tasks=On in the config file and perhaps disable mod_rewrite [assuming it's Apache] because I saw a post where that interfered with emails. Other than that, I don't know if there are any other config files that would help.
The login return URL page is blank after clicking the "login" button. You must click the browser back button to display the logged-in page. This is the same situation if you update any settings as the Journal Manager. I have checked this in several browsers and it is the same result.
1. Emails sent to authors are not saved even when you do not assign yourself as the editor to record the decision.
2. Reject emails are not saved or sent.
3. Email Overwritten: an email sent to an author (Editor’s Decision section) with the reviewers’ comments is overwritten by the authors’ reply.
4. Email not sent: manual email sent to reviewer [to allocate papers] are not sent.
5. Email Error message occurs when you send an email from the review menu for a revised document. At a later point, the email shows-up.
6. Late/overdue email reminder does not get generated.
1. Uploaded submission receipts are not issued to the submitter to let them know that they have been successful in uploading a document.
2. Review file checkbox doesn’t show-up at the bottom of the page.
3. Rejected articles remain in the system archives even though no Editor decision is recorded via the 'Reject and archive' option.
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 6:09 am
Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest