OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

In ojs to omp

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

In ojs to omp

Postby franciscogarrido » Mon May 14, 2012 1:58 pm

hola estoy interesado en migrar desde ojs a omp, pero nose como realizar el
transpaso de los datos que poseeo en la base de datos, es posible esto ??
existe algun mecanismo?? poseen los modelos de las bases de datos de estas dos
aplicaciones que me pudieran facilitar para poder realizar un mejor analisis??
Espero su respuesta de ante manos gracias.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hi i am interested in migrating from ojs to omp, but nose like transpaso
perform poseeo of data in database, is this possible? there is some mechanism?
models have databases of these two applications that would facilitate me to do
a better analysis?
I await your response before hand thanks.
franciscogarrido

Re: In ojs to omp

Postby asmecher » Mon May 14, 2012 4:06 pm

Hi Francisco,

This would not be easy to accomplish. There are a few options:
  • Work with the (probably MySQL) database directly.
  • Work with the native import/export XML plugin. This exists for OJS but does not currently exist for OMP and would need to be ported. A simple port from OJS to OMP would be relatively easy, but wouldn't include all the metadata that's available for OMP, so you might need to manually work with the metadata in OMP to complete the conversion, depending on the level of detail you want.
In any case, I'd recommend working only with the submissions themselves, rather than e.g. journal setup or editorial workflow. This will keep the task simpler and you won't have to learn as much about the internals of both systems.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion