OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

DOI links in references

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

DOI links in references

Postby jorgecardoso » Sun May 13, 2012 9:12 am

Hi,

I have recently joined Crossref, and am in the process of implementing their guidelines.

I need to edit the references of the articles in order to include the outbound links, but I'm unable to create links:
I'm using the 'edit metadata' option of the article, but the references textbox does not allow any markup.

(I don't use the citation markup assistant because it is not working in my installation)

How do I include links in the references?

Thanks,
jorge
jorgecardoso

Re: DOI links in references

Postby csimser » Fri May 18, 2012 1:39 pm

Jorge,
We haven't been able to get citation manager to work either so we've copy/pasted the references below the abstract.
I log in as an editor and add the DOIs by going to the submission summary > edit metadata.

Char Simser
New Prairie Press
Kansas State University
csimser

Re: DOI links in references

Postby jorgecardoso » Sat May 19, 2012 4:28 pm

Hi,

I just found a better way. It seems there were two problems:
1. TinyMCE plugin was not inserted into the citations textarea in the edit metadata view. So I changed TinyMCEPlugin.inc.php (added the last line):
Code: Select all
case 'copyeditor/saveMetadata':
            $count = max(1, count($templateMgr->get_template_vars('authors')));
            for ($i=0; $i<$count; $i++) {
               $fields[] = "authors-$i-biography";
               $fields[] = "authors-$i-competingInterests";
            }
            $fields[] = 'abstract';
            $fields[] = 'citations';
            break;

2. The article view did not allow for unsafe html. So I changed article.tpl(removed "|strip_unsafe_html"):
Code: Select all
{if $citationFactory->getCount()}
      <div id="articleCitations">
      <h4>{translate key="submission.citations"}</h4>
      <br />
      <div>
         {iterate from=citationFactory item=citation}
            <p>{$citation->getRawCitation()|strip_unsafe_html}</p>
         {/iterate}
      </div>
      <br />
      </div>
   {/if}

Now I can insert links in the citations textarea in the edit metadata page.
jorgecardoso

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion