OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

supplementary file types

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

supplementary file types

Postby imw » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:58 pm

Hi folks,

I'd really like to customise the options that authors get shown for type of supplementary files to upload.
Currently they are given many options like "research instrument" that are not relevant to our journal.
There's only a couple of different types that they should be uploading, and having the right options
in the drop-down box might prevent them from uploading things we don't want them to...
plus the current options just confuse them since they make no sense in our context.

If someone could point me to where I customise the options, that'd be grand.

Thanks,
-Ian W.

PS. Apologies if this is in the documentation -- I looked but couldn't find it.
imw

Re: supplementary file types

Postby LisaP » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:33 am

Hi Ian,

Changing the supplementary file options in the drop-down menu will require a code modification --- there's no way to change the options in the journal setup interface.

If you need further support re: changing the code, let me know and I can point you in the right direction.

Lisa
LisaP

Postby njnosko » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:59 am

Hi Ian and/or Lisa,
Can either of you point me in the right direction on what files need the code modification. We are looking to do the same thing. Thanks.

-Nick
njnosko

Postby newbies » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:41 pm

LisaP wrote:Hi Ian,

Changing the supplementary file options in the drop-down menu will require a code modification --- there's no way to change the options in the journal setup interface.

If you need further support re: changing the code, let me know and I can point you in the right direction.

Lisa

Hi Lisa, can you elaborate more on how to do that? I modified the dropdown list in the template files, and also the language. What else I need to modify?
newbies

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion