Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.
Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca
This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.
Hi. I am instructing myself on the OJS software, and have hit the following problems when I get to Copyediting:
1. The link from the email informing the Author to do a copyedit goes to the Summary page, with no indication to go to the Editing page. I think this will be confusing for Authors that only use the process occasionally
2. The Acknowledge email icon from '2. Author Copyedit' appears to be from the Editor to the Author with thanks for the update, but I didn't get an email to the Editor saying that it was complete (this is obviously me acting as both Author and Editor, for test purposes)
3. I can't get to Step '3. Final Copyedit' - even if I save the Author's changes and upload the amended file, the button doesn't highlight for me to click on it
Any help gratefully received
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:24 am
1: This appears to be a bug, and I've submitted a bug report (http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=7232
) to ask that the url in the prepared email directs the author to the Editing page rather than the Summary page. You can add yourself to the cc list to get updates on this bug.
2&3: Make sure that you have the prepared email enabled for COPYEDIT_AUTHOR_COMPLETE. When the author finishes her/his copyedit, s/he has to indicate it’s completed by clicking on the envelope icon under Complete, which generates an email to the editor. Once the author has done that, Step 3: Final Copyedit step will be highlighted.
Hope this helps.
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:08 pm
Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest