OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Arranging Registered user list

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Arranging Registered user list

Postby saurabh_kudesia » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:14 am

Hello,

I am using OJS version 2.0 and am quite frusterated handling the list of registered users and here are some of the reasons for this:

1. In OJS Version 2.0 , I am unable to see the field "Affiliation" in the registered users list although I want to add that field for better understanding of user profile. It is very annoying to click individual users to know their credentials. Is there any way out?

2. In OJS 2.0, there is no way I can organise the list of registered users as per the date of their registration or according to different fields. This feature was pretty handy for me in organizing the list in version 1.0. Now, I can only see the number of my registered user growing, but cannot find who joined recently.

If you have any solution for my problem, kindly forward them to me as soon as possible. The Journal help system does not have any answer to the same.

Regards
Saurabh
saurabh_kudesia

Postby asmecher » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:19 am

Hi Saurabh,

1. The Affiliation field can be added to the user list via templates/manager/people/enrollment.tpl;

2. We expect to add more sorting options in a future release, although this is not a critical priority. In the meantime, consider adding the date registered as an additional column as per point 1, or making it a global sort order (classes/security/RoleDAO.inc.php).

Because of severely limited space in the listing tables, it's been necessary to limit columns as much as possible.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion